So, I see that mgoblog has the unofficial depth chart as of 8/27/11 up under the "helpful stuff" tab. Most of it makes sense. There are a few questions
- Is Avery conclusively the starter over Floyd at CB2?
- Has Campbell truly fallen to 3rd string at DT?
- Is Barnum the starter or is he dinged? And if you are dinged, do you stay at first string even if you don't play a game or two?
- Is Brink really officially the starter at DE? Wow. Props to him, and if this doesn't motivate players with schollies, nothing will.
- In one of the interviews, Mattison talked about having a rotation of guys going in and out, in order to keep players fresh. Is this only on the defensive line, or also true with the LB? With the secondary? Looking at the two deep, I'm thinking that Jake Ryan, Desmond Morgan, J.B. Fitzgerald, Carvin Johnson, Marvin Robinson, and J.T. Floyd will see a lot of PT. I'm assuming things will shake out over the next couple weeks. I also assume some on my list are more meh, and some I haven't listed (who are charted as 2nd and even 3rd string) will also see significant PT.
- Wiles & Gibbons, starting at P & K. May the force be with them. "Brandon . . . just use the force. let it guide your accuracy. "