I’d be interested to see what everyone’s Top 5 optimistic (changed from "realistic" b/c I think discussion on how much of a longshot prospect X is doesn't add much) remaining recruiting targets are for our 2010 class. I wouldn’t classify Seantrel as realistic because it sounds like he’s probably USC bound so my Top 5 would look like this:
1. Josh Shaw, CB – shutdown corner who may be visiting for OSU, definitely a long shot but still an outside chance.
2. John Fulton, CB – we’re still in the race for his final visit so another longshot but a man can dream, can’t he?
3. Wayne Dorsey, DE – we’re in the running for this monster along with about a dozen other premium programs.
4. Cullen Christian, CB – we all know and love Cullen and him committing elsewhere would be a serious gut punch.
5. Tony Jefferson, S – UCLA commit but he’s also visiting for OSU.
We’ve got some big kids coming in for OSU and that got me thinking – what would be the best case scenario in terms of game outcome from a recruiting standpoint? An exciting win in spite of terrible DB play? Would someone like Shaw rather see clear evidence that he would be starting from day 1 or a glimmer of possible future national championships?