Another quick update on recruiting for you, this time with instate DT Danny O'Brien. Danny currently holds offers from Michigan, MSU, Tennessee, and Syracuse. It's safe to say that his offer list will continue to grow as time goes on.
Not too long ago O'Brien had said that Tennessee and Michigan were his top two choices. He talked about where he's at now, and how did in the combine this weekend.
The combine went really well. There was a lot of kids under the radar, but there was some good talent there. Exposure at these events is always good, and I tried a few new moves I've been working on. I think I did well in the 1 on 1's. Recruiting right now is getting crazy, I'm just letting everything play out and talking to all the coaches. I'll probably make my decision early in the season or at the end of it, I'm not sure.
O'Brien also told me about where he's at with his leader and top schools.
I'll probably only take 3 or 4 official visits, I don't think I'll take all of them. I have Tennessee as my favorite right now, and then everyone else is pretty much even. Michigan hasn't dropped or fallen back, I just don't know the coaches that well. I haven't gotten to really talk with them yet. I'll be up there in the spring either for the spring game or junior day.
The other topic as of late has been how Matt Godin's offer will affect Danny. O'Brien and Godin are best friends, and he talked about what that would mean with his recruitment.
I mean, yeah him having a Michigan offer that has some impact on me. We've always said it would be a dream to play school together, it's something that we've talked about a lot. If it happens, it happens, we're not going to try to force it.
O'Brien is a key piece to Michigan's recruiting efforts. It will be interesting to see how schools move up and down his list, and if Michigan can overtake Tennessee in the end.
Matt Godin also just received an offer from Michigan just now.
I just got offered by Michigan. I called Coach Montgomery, and then talked to Coach Mattison. He said they reviewed my film and I have an offer from the University of Michigan. This is definitely a dream offer, I'm pretty excited. I'm going to wait and think things through before I make my decision, I'm going to visit up there this week and talk to the coaches more.
This is a big offer for both Matt and Danny. We'll see what happens from here.