1. Season football tickets for $54.
2. Season hockey tickets (bought after season started) for $50 and 10th row center ice.
3. Geppetto's Pizza. It occupied the space that is now Quickie Burger--Southwest corner of Hill and State. Mondays and Tuesdays at Geppetto's were all-you-can-eat pizza for $4. Add all-you-can-drink soda for an extra $1. I remember Steve Shields coming downstairs and stuffing his humongous hockey bag with two extra larges and heading back to West Quad.
4. LA's Club Cafe. It occupied the space that is now Rod's Diner, and then LA added another one where University Cafe now resides. LA's was a popular hang-out for the fab five, Desmond Howard, Elvis Grbac, and other famous athletes. Consequently, hot chicks were abundant there, as well. The food was outstanding, as an added bonus. Excellent burgers, chicken sandwiches, curly fries, and frozen yogurt. Rumors abounded about drug sales going through the back and LA sold his places to Rod and University Cafe. He started the $2 car wash on Washtenaw Ave. near Golfside Dr. in Ypsi, IIRC.
5. Playing pickup ball at the IM Bldg. almost every day.
6. Being able to run up and down a basketball court w/o blacking out.
7. Having way more talent than the opponents in both football and basketball. Methinks this is being rectified gradually and ethically by our current coaches in each sport.
8. Class. And by that I mean I missed them.
One thing I definitely don't miss: female students wearing baggy sweatshirts and guys' 501's. You current male students don't know how good you have it. The "Freshman 15" was the "Freshman 50" in my day. Today's fashion really motivates those young ladies.