"those who stay will be champions" let me opine on a few observations of the last 2 yrs of football and why i am more excited about RR and the 2010 season than ever.
1. when the Mich. people decided to go with RR. they went with a coach who brought in a system that changed 100+ yrs of power running smash mouth football. it will take more than even 4 yrs to completely overhaul the team.
2. we have only 69-71 scholarship athletes on the team(i have heard all the numbers from 69-71 from different sports commentators) so obviously we don't have the talent to match up with most teams.
3. we have the 3rd DC in as many yrs.
4. we are starting a true freshman at the most important position in college sports!
5. we (being mich.) get everyones best game and while not as many wins as i would have liked we were in just about every game with what most posters agree are less than talented people on defense save for a few.
6. our team is very young, we started WAY too many true freshman, redshirt freshamn, first time starters, and walk-ons to really expect the results most of us hoped for after a 4-0 start.
7. we just held the hated OSU buckeyes to only 2 offensive scores and most of the day moved the ball at will. except for the 5 turnovers we most likely win.
8. and my final observation(at least for this post) since we have changed 100+ yrs of football and some are calling for RR's head. i wanna ask. "who do you get from here"? we went to the spread so my guess is to still be competitive for the next 2 yrs you have to stay with a spread coach. if your gonna stay with a spread coach "why not stay with the disigner of the system"? if you go back to our tradition football "are we gonna give him time to re-install the power guys and at least 2 more yrs of losing football"? "if we do go with a new spread guy and he has success next year, is it the result of the new coach or the result of the 3rd yr of the system and players to run the system"?
thanks for taking the time to read my observations and rantings.