on ESPN at 2pm. Should be interesting to say the least. Maybe?
This is maaaaybe premature there, ESPN. Maryland #1 FWIW.
What could this kid say that is going to help his cause or help "his" university.
"I did nothing wrong" - nope
"It was all me and coach knew nothing" - nope
"I have a lot of love and pride for OSU and don't want to be a negative" - nope
Shut up and start working out for a mid-round pick in the supplemental draft as a TE/QB project.
He moves it back a few months, recruiting announcement 2.0?
Is Rosenhaus running it?
My guess is Rosenhaus will be handling everything from here on out and probably wants the lawyer to take a back seat.
...I love this man!
to the Football League of Canadia."
"university of ohio state"
"I am not a crook!"
P.S. To whomever keeps negging my posts, I have caving disabled so I don't really care--Love you--xoxo
I gave you a +1 to make up for it, but it didn't do anything :(
I thought it was funny!
He's going to be announcing when he will be appearing on QVC selling autographed crap.
the only comments will be "Next question"...
I'm guessing he won't take questions from the press.
everybody has pressers...
post game presser and said: "I'll see your dick move and raise you."
I bet he is going to tell the world he is a Russian spy.
He would have been great for the XFL
I'm guessing he won't be giving us this...
We could always offer witness protection.
He will say how much he loved being a Buckeye, blah, blah blah. He will say nothing about the investigations and that he is moving on with his life. This is the first step in the stonewall. For all the criticism, the stonewall strategy worked for Reggie Bush. If Reggie hadn't stiffed the guy who wanted to be his agent/manager, the strategy would have worked for USC as well.
However, I wouldn't underestimate Pryor's ability to screw this up. It is amazing that the first move by a guy who wants to start to rehab his image and reputation is to hire the biggest jerk in the agent business.
Scott Boras would like to have a word with you.
I predict that the english language will be set back a few years on account of TP's presser.
"I was thinking about not breaking any rules, but my room looks so damn good with that new 40-inch flatscreen."
"Don't you worry about me, I have enough money for the best lawyers this country has to offer."
"Alright catch you later, I'm on my way to the strip club to make it rain on some bitches."
There is a 1% chance this will be a total train wreck and a 99% chance Pryor will say absolutely nothing of value to anyone.
You're totally underestimating Pryor. There's at least a 15% chance of it being a trainwreck. If Rosenhaus is there and in charge, the likelihood drops to about 2%. If the lawyer is in charge, probably 60-70% chance of an epic disaster.
Unless of course, you're a Michigan football fan who has waited a decade for this insatiable and endless deluge of schadenfreude to befall the utter pit of Hell known as Columbus Ohio.
If so, then this might be your daily dose of tsio fail. I say popcorn-- no, CHEESE POPCORN-- for everyone.
One with a dollar sign, one with a tat, one with a car. He will put on all three at the same time and smile his winsome smile.
Such a big difference between that smile and Denard's..
and more lies.
This seems like the perfect event for a liveblog. I wish I had more tech skills to create one, but sadly, I don't.
Does anyone else think it's possible that Rosenhaus said, "The only way you're ever going to do ANYTHING on the pro level is if you take responsibility for the shit you pulled in college and work to move past it?" If there's anyone who can take him down a peg, it's someone who sleeps on beds made of more money than Pryor has ever seen.
Anyone? No? Maybe a little optimistic?
Rosenhaus not being a total d-bag, which is not the case.
everybody murders is a classic, and you have the opportunity to top it today. Dont miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
Fuck Pryor. Tired of hearing about this douchebag all the time. He is no longer a part of college football.
As I'm completely out of popcorn.
In an ideal world, Pryor would say something like this:
"I have decided to cooperate fully with the NCAA. My new agent has made me see that my personal integrity is very important. I can't divulge all of the details here, but the media hasn't even uncovered ten percent of what is going on in Columbus. I look forward to helping the NCAA take care of the dirtiest program in college football."
Instead, he will say something like this:
"I am looking forward to playing in the NFL and will work as hard as I can to get there. I enjoyed my career at THE Ohio State University, but I cannot answer any questions about college football at this time. Thanks to my fans for all of their support."
On ESPN, hosted by Jim Gray and called "The Derision."
The presser is on ESPN2
I cannot begin to explain how terrible this sounds.
Wow this is total BS spewing from Rosenhaus' mouth. It's like an SNL skit!
His agent spoke longer than him
Kind of creepy when Rosenhaus looks right into the camera.
Is Rosenhaus wearing guyliner???
Yes, Rosenhaus said "I don't think the NFL has seen an athlete with his potential."
It's a Rosenhaus press conference with an appearance by TP.
ESPN2 basically just cut off Rosenhaus mid-sentence. QED.
Got cut from espn
5min of Drew talking shit and that's it!? Boo
Maybe it's tattoos, maybe it's marijuana or...............
Maybe it's maybelline!
This Rosenhaus guy is a doucher
but I really couldn't listen to the agent anymore, and had to get back to work.
Pryor is just sitting there looking like a goon.
Can anyone enlighten me on the supplemental draft? Do teams take greater risk compared to the regular draft? Or is Drew blowing smoke when he says Pryor should go in the first round?
Pryor going in the first round means the team that picks him loses their first round draft pick in the 2012 draft. It's NOT... GOING... TO... HAPPEN...
I thought I read about that somewhere but wasn't sure. With that being the case, there is no way a team would risk it.
I loved the farce of a comparison Drew made to Cam Newton. What a joke.
without Pryor speaking at all?
When I turned it on he was just stumbling over lines that he intended to return to OSU to finish his degree in the future, and that he would work hard to be a model citizen off the field.
As a poster said above, words cannot describe how horribly he spoke.
5 minutes of information that we already knew. Just wasted 5 minutes of my life.
what a crock of shit that presser was
a few days ago .... maybe 7th round. I tend to think he'll go 3rd round if he works out well for teams.
The teams bid on the players in a supplemental draft (If I read correctly) so lets say Cleveland wants him they can say offer a 7th rd pick for him, but maybe Kansas City says they will give a 5th round for him. If no one else will offer higher, then KC has drafted him and they give up their 5th round draft selection for next season.
It’s a silent auction, you put a round you would take him in an envelope and whomever has the highest bid wins (or loses).
I'm pretty sure with the lockout, he isn't allowed to work out for teams. There is no supplimental draft combine. He might very well go 3rd round if he could work out for teams and let them judge his willingness to switch to WR if QB doesn't work out, but since they're basically going to have to draft him on a wing and a prayer he's going to go several rounds lower then he otherwise would. This is why all the 6th/7th round talk is getting thrown around despite his undeniable athletic talent.
If there's one guy who likes to hear his own voice and see his own face more than Pryor, it's Drew Rosenhaus.
If only all sports agents were like Rob Pelinka.
I'm assuming the pay scale for players taken in the supplemental draft is generally much lower than those taken in the regular draft?????
edit: bad embed
If TP is 9 credits shy of graduating--he of the infantile term paper and the inarticulate "everybody kills people" line and other idiotic statements--then that school is even easier to get through than I ever imagined. Or I suppose he could be lying . . .
Everybody passes..........everybody graduates.........everybody gets a car
Think of the role model and influence he can have on the younger players when he comes back as a student. No more burden of NCAA rules, he could really do a great job in corrupting the young...
I remember his epic press conference with Terrell Owens. When Rosenhaus wasn't saying, "next question" to the gathered media, he was professing his deep love for Owens. I needed to take a shower after watching it. He and TP are made for each other.
What did he say in it?