Hey fellow MGoReaders.
I haven't found this information on the board recently. If it is, then Mods please go ahead and delete this post.
If you're coming to Dallas for the game and plan to tailgate outside the stadium, there are some very specific rules you need to know. The most important one of all is that you are not allowed to 'tailgate' in the parking lot. There are designated tailgating lots, but you need to find a grass area in order to setup chairs, tents, grills, coolers, etc. Staff and security are very specific about this rule and will be driving around every 15-20 minutes.
I'm including some of the offical rules from the Cowboys. Let me know if you have any other questions, and i'll try to answer them:
Tailgating for Cowboys games is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are located on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in Lots 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, and the spaces are filled on a first come/first served basis. If interested in tailgating, it is important to arrive early to obtain one of the designated spaces.
All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.
- Tailgating spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
- Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.)
- Tailgating is only permitted in the grass areas on the perimeter of the parking lots. The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9-feet wide and 12-feet deep.
- Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 12 feet from the rear of the parking vehicle).
- Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground and may be used by other guests for tailgating or picnicking activities.
- Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, portions of Lot 5, Lot 8, and Lot 9.
- Tailgating is permitted from the time the lots open and up to two (2) hours following Dallas Cowboys or college football games.
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
- Dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
- Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
- Disorderly conduct
- Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
- Saving parking or tailgating spaces
- Weapons and fireworks
- Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
- Advertising or promoting any third party products (including but not limited to food and beverage products)
- Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.