At risk? They're pretty much already there. Let's run through all the Sparty memes that they've been clinging to as proof that they are going to stay relevant that are quickly proving to be false:
- Dan Rouschar is responsible for the crapitude of last year's offense. With new coaching blood, the offense is going to be much better in 2013. (Yep, lots of improvement there)
- Recruiting rankings don't matter. (Not when you have a cozy recruiting relationship with OSU, which is no longer the case)
- Sparty coaches up players better than Michigan. (Not at QB, it would seem)
- Michigan's performance against ND on Saturday doesn't matter because Sparty's defense >>>ND's defense (this one gets a massive hole blown through it in a couple of weeks)
- MIchigan isn't the better team because they couldn't even score a TD against Sparty last season. (November can't get here soon enough)
Sparty will emerge from the OOC with a 3-1 record, but we should start taking bets on which also-ran Big Ten team is going to be the first to pull off the upset of MSU and shatter their tenuous hold on hope that their defense can lead them to a Big Ten title.