I see that there is already a "Devin for QB" thread and a vent thread. Figured I would create one for general thoughts (although I expect many will be of the Devin for QB or Vent variety). My thoughts:
1. The defense was solid tonight. Dominant (save for one series) through three quarters. As for the 4th, when a defense is on the field for the entire half, at some point, they will start to give up plays. Happens to even the best defense. Also, after making stop after stop and having you offense turn it back over on the next play, any defense will start to wear down.
2. Craig Roh deserves special mention - kid has gotten better and better every game this season. We will miss him next year.
3. Norfleet - I know he is a bit of a cult hero around here, and I see the potential, but dude, can you please run somewhere other than into the pile on kick returns. That said, he has jets. If he could only figure out which way to point those jets, he would be a threat to take every kick to the house.
4. Offense with Denard - yeah, losing him ans watching bellamy do his best Nick SHeridan impression made me appreciate Denard, but its not like we were scoring with him in the game - With Denard, we hadn't scored in 5.5 quarters. That is pathetic. I don't put all of this on Denard - the WRs are the worst Wr group I have ever seen at Michigan, from a talent standpoint, and we lack even a credible running back threat. What worries me is that while Hoke has recruited well, he isn't exactly stockpiling top level Wrs and RBs. Fitz has been terrible, V. Smith blocks like s TE, but is just not a running threat. And Rawls is obviously doing something in practice that the coches don't like.
5. Bellamy - cut him a break - he is a redshirt freshman. That said, holy hell he was terrible. AT some point, in a close game, you just have to give Gardner a try. Its not like he is doing anything productive at WR lately. To me,when your QB goe 0-12, he gets pulled for any other option. At least Devin is a run threat.
I have more, but I am too numb to keep going. This loss hurt.