ESPN is reporting that Boise State will be playing vs. Georgia in 2011 & Ole Miss in 2014.
I was intrigued by the idea of Michigan scheduling Boise to come to the Big House in 2012 or 2013. The schedule in 2012 is already a killer. However, it is pretty weak in home games, with Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio State all being on the road. Adding Boise in 2012 would definitely be a reward for the home fans, instead of a MAC cupcake. Currently, there are three open slots in 2012, one of which I assume is a bye.
The only games I see scheduled for 2013 are home vs. ND & the return trip to UConn. Obviously there is room for Boise on the schedule.
Some on this board argue that there is no reward for Michigan in playing Boise State. I completely disagree.
- A win against Boise would be regarded highly in terms of quality.
- Boise is viewed as a high quality team, and a loss to them would be viewed very differently than a loss to Appy State, or Toledo, or the like.
- A loss early on would not be completely crippling in end of the year rankings.
- In terms of fan interest and TV interest, a Michigan - Boise State game would generate huge buzz. Be honest: would you rather see Michigan play Eastern Michigan, Delaware State, UMass and assorted Baby Seal Universities, or Boise State?
- I could even see it being a night game, early in the season when it isn't brutally cold.
- Also, Boise is completely ready to play on the road with no return date.
- By 2012, Michigan should be competitive with everyone and afraid of no-one. There is no reason to duck competition.
- Lastly, I am sick of hearing BCS league teams saying Boise doesn't play anyone. Beating Boise is a way to clearly knock them out of the MNC consideration.
For you Boise haters, I want to hear from you reasons why you'd rather play Directional U or Baby Seal U than Boise State in the 2012 or 2013 non-con schedule