alternate headline: man does job
Take it from me. Mom's are not always the best source for verifying player committments.
Consigned: Malik McDowell. Too soon?
First I was like YEAH!!!! then in a split second I was like AAWWWWWWWWEE
That he thought the Illini are team to beat a few times over the past week or 2 but he just said a few minutes ago he thinks it might be looking better for Michigan now.
don't seem to justify a thread in this instance, with a decision coming within the next week.
On the one hand I agree. I'm not a recruitnik by any means and have a track record for not getting terribly caught up in this end of college football.
On the other hand, it's Wednesday in the dog days of off-season, so why the hell not. Nothing else really going on.
Mgoblog list of importance goes like this:
1. Michigan football games
2. Michigan football recruiting.
3. Michigan football recruiting for the following year/rumors/angst over ND and OSU recruiting.
4. Michigan . . . "Basket-ball"?
4a. Kate Upton
Also, I apologize for the phone formatting. that looks horrible.
Some Illinois fan tweeted last night that TI committed. My guess is he's just a jilted Illini fan tweeting his exasperation for the imminent doom that comes with being a fan of that team.
Continue with your normal Wednesday activities.
and corn fields. That's pretty much all they got.
And really large-racked whitetails...deer, that is.
Raps and plays football!?
This would be a big win. Hope he chooses Michigan!
We must be in Graham Glasgow's car.
Well, just as long as we're not sliding across the hood with Big Will...
and watching things coming out of the trunk. These new-fangled contraptions don't work the way they used to work.
to be fair.
Yes. Illinois is an excellent school. FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!
I remember when Triumph started back when Conan was on late, late nights.
One of my favorite Triumph bits...just an excerpt:
I like seeing Heather Locklear whenever I can.
Damn straight. We are badass as hell in football.
was pretty good at Toledo. Wonder what happened...
Don't forget the weight room and the community.
smoking on the sideline story? That was a bit bizarre. What happened with that?
Also sad that that's the only thing I can remember from Illinois...
UG study at Illinois is fine though if he needs to stay close. It looks like there is more to it than academics to say the least.
Divorce in process...
I get that ALL THE TIME
The one thing - the only thing perhaps other than any depth chart concerns - that might put Michigan at a disadvantage is the waiver that he would supposedly seek and the fact that Ann Arbor is much more than 100 miles from his house, the radius in which you have to go to school to qualify for the hardship waiver, if I remember correctly. I would think that that much might depend on how set he is on getting that, but otherwise I imagine we have a decent shot at Isaac as things seem right now. We shall see, I suppose.
Sam said on GBW that that rule is a guideline and not a hardline rule, and they would state their case that driving 4 hours would not be an issue for whatever the mother's condition is. It was due to the fact that mom couldn't get on a plane that Ty wanted to move closer to home. So if Ty did choose Michigan, they would make a case for the hardship waiver as well.
He will commit before the waiver will be ruled on by the NCAA, so I dont think this is going to be the main factor.
exactly the same thing last night. +1 to you for posting it, which I neglected to do.
Not that excited about the timing given Green/Smith relative to two years ago when this would have seemed an enormous get.
In a transfer scenario? Wouldn't he just sign transfer paperwork, there's no LOI right?
of committed is that they plan on going to a school unless they decide later to go to a different school.
And he should be, because that 2014-15 National Championship ring will look mighty fine on him in NYC right before he gets drafted in 2016.
This guy is the very definition of "all in".
Drink the Kool Aid...
ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT
and like that, he's gone!
I won't miss his nonsensical posts and world's worst spelling
I always thought Buckle Up meant "highly possible commitment incoming" in a way; just that there is a very real chance of one coming.
Given the rumors and various other rumblings that he really likes Michigan from the Sam Webbs out there, I think it'd be safe to keep seatbelt on until something definitive is heard.
I know folks have made these points before, but the rumors that this looks good makes sense for a few reasons:
1. It sounds like based on the timeline of things, he will be committing somewhere before he can apply for the waiver. So anything outside the 100 mile radius is a bit of a roll of the dice no matter what. If not getting a waiver were a deal breakef from him, you'd think he'd not even risk it. So visitng Ann Arbor tells us he doesn't put that much of an importance on getting it. Nice to have, but not necessarily critical.
2. And honestly, looking at our RB situation here at Michigan, it's possible Ty might see sitting out a year as a benefit to playing time, at least when it comes to Michigan. It's effectively red-shirting a sophomore year instead of a freshman year. If he stayed the whole time, he'd still be around for the 2017 season. Both Green and Smith burned their red shirts last year, so they're definitely out of here after 2016, or possibly sooner if one of them has a breakout season or two. We also didn't take a RB in the 2014 class. Of course, we have no idea what our RB recruits will be for the 2015-2017 seasons. But if Ty sits out a year, it seems like his pathway to being one of the top one or two featured backs for the system looks pretty viable, even with Green and Smith in the system. The only thing that would prevent that from happening would be if we somehow recruited a RB phenom in 2015 or later that somehow jumps Ty on the depth chart. But honstly, that's a risk he'd face at any school that recruits well.
3. The O-Line is still a giant question mark. Letting the O-Line develop for one more year also might increase the attractiveness for a RB like Ty.
Bottom line is, it seems like waiting the year might not be a deal breaker, and if Ty is the patient type, might actually be to his long-term advantage at least when it comes to the Michigan roster.
Nice...59 posts and nobody misspelled his name as "Issac". That ought to seal the deal for him.
on typos on from random blog posters.
1. I'd say "Issac" isn't actually a true typo in most cases
2. Perhaps I should've added the following to my prior post: /s
buckle up warning may be appropriate. Good news.
congrats. your prize is in the mail. last i checked, he hasn't committed yet.