Bye week in addition to this story seeming so ridiculous about Gholston being called Tom and that was what shifted him to MSU. I decided to give it a think so see if I could solve this mystery. Tried to get out of the box. Not sure if you have any thoughts.
· Last year’s staff not familiar with “defense” and players of this strange craft, assumed he was 2012 recruit Tom Strobel.
· Gholston is a dead ringer for “Tomi”, GERG’s stylist who obviously was around the program frequently. Easy mistake to make.
· Blame it on Hilfiger clothes, their name is all over place. Gibson probably assumed the logo was a name tag.
· Had paranormal experience in Schembechler Hall, thought Fritz Crisler was talking to him and calling him Tom. Everybody knows Fritz only talks to Harmon when the lights are turned off. What an idiot, no wonder he is a Sparty.
· Looked directly into Tom Hammond’s eyes while watching the ND game on TV that weekend. Lost all track of space, time and identity as he was assimilated with the Hammond. See also Borg.
· Small children mistook him for Tommy Amaker, whom they feared had come back to take over the basketball program. They fled in tears screaming for the bad man to go away.
· Had an episode while watching cartoons the morning of the visit. Voices in the TV told him, Tom, to kill Jerry, or Denard, which does not start with a “J” but whatever. The voices said that this was the only way for Tom. Later that morning, Mr. Rogers told him to punch a Wolverine in the throat to save the Neighborhood of Make-Believe. Mr. Rogers also said engineering students at MSU count as well for punching, which I suppose is obvious to any MSU football player.