Just heard this. Always nice to hear a voice of reason and humble confidence.
Can anyone summarize? I lack speakers at work.
RR basically mentions how he's excited for the bowl game for the players and school. He mentions the diversity of the spread offense and the numerous formations. Then goes on to build much needed confidence about the teams progression saying that he feels the team has progressed nicely and will conitnue.
i have no idea what you're talking about.
who says he only here for RR and gone if he is gone. thats the #1 all purpose back in the country.
just how many national player of the year finalists have we recruited?
DH thinks of Florida now that they have a new coach and that there may be a chance that they go to more of a "Pro Style" offense? It has been rumored that Florida is looking for a pro style OC. He said he wanted to play in a "spread system" and his choices where between UofM and Florida.
...make such a controversial decision as letting RR go in his first year -- especially with RR improving to 7-5. I think RR is safe through the duration of his contract.
My guess is that Brandon is well aware of the recruiting dynamics, but doesn't want to kowtow to those looking for immediate coaching decision since it could be interpreted as a sign of weakness.
only if Rich Rod comes back. If he doesn't and it is Harbaugh, he may not want all of Rich's recruits.
This is the summary,
When I come back next year, I will rape. Miss St. will get man handled new years day.
your first post ever and this is what you decide to go with?
Logged in to neg the post you commented on...accidently negged you.
Countered that with a +1 to you leaving you (presently) where you started.
Nothing to see here...
Well he basically says that next year when people have more experience/ are healthier, they are gonna play even better. So there, is that a better summary?
I'm pretty sure the idea is to lower expectations with the first post: nowhere to go but up, right?
RR said he is going to rape someone? Now this is a story I can run with.
Seriously? I hope you have my point total by the end of the day.
Man, you are making serious progress. You deserve props for not taking the easy way out and just starting a new account to get back to zero.
has to rally together to bring him back from Bolivia. Brian had to send him there to prove a point to the team (ala RR holding back Hagerup) and can't undo his -10,000 without coming off as soft, which would result in possibly more Emo posts. And Mods shouldn't undermine Brian. So it is up to us to bring him back, like rallying around a fellow teammate who needs help to get back on the team (positive MGopoint total), after sticking around after making a mistake.
FumanBlue, additional posts by you will help.
Strangely relevant to the topic at hand, no?
/ faceplant if and only-if-you-constructed-your-post-deliberately-so-as-to-tightly-parallel-the-DB-RR-team-triumvirate's-intratriumvirate-dynamic-and-I-naivobtusely-glossed-over-that until amidst faceplantage
/ somewhere-between-subtle-and-not-so-subtle post inauthenicism
/ acute bout of pressured-speech hypomanicism
That's all, then, fellow peers and MGoFiends.
/ apparently not end-that then but maybe now
That made Pootie Tang sound like Winston Churchill.
1. Excited about the gator bowl, the gator bowl people put on a great bowl.
2. Spread offense is unique, it's not like the west-coast, or I-form where if you've seen one, you've seen them all. Each spread has its own personality, different shifts, etc...
3. Denard did well as a first year starter. Very excited about his future. Similar to former player, Pat White, can run and throw. Denard is fast, and will play faster when he learns the offense better.
4. A lot of players returning. If the coaches do a good job developing and the players work hard they should be good. RR is excited about the future. It takes a couple years to grasp the offense, and once the older guys can grasp the offense, they can teach the younger guys. Same on D. Too many young players had to play this year.
5. The Big Ten was very good this year. Coming in, RR knew this year was going to be a tough conference with 3 (11-1) teams. The Big Ten was outstanding in non-conference games.
6. UM is close to being in the top tier again. Once we're there we should be able to stay there.
7. New conference configuration is exciting with a championship game at the end is great. Looking forward to Notre Dame and Nebraska at home.
8. Bowl matchups with Big Ten v. SEC is great. Jacksonville has a great stadium, should be a great game (the gator bowl).
9. Bowl games aren't really a measuring stick on the progression of the team. He's been on the winning and losing side of bowl games. Some people think losing is a loss of momentum, but RR doesn't think so. Bowl games are rewards for the players and seniors.
10. Extra bowl practices definitely help. Fundemental work with the younger players essential in making young players better.
11. Being head coach at UM what RR expected. Some teams are run oriented. Our team's roster is filled out how he wants it, and we know what we need to do to succeed.
Excellent. Thank you, sir. A gentleman and a scholar.
Did you do the interview???? JK...
Thank you for taking the time to write everything out. I think these are all points that he has made this year and I think DB even made some of these points.
I have no idea what SIAP means and this makes me sad.
No it's cool, I don't think anyone posted it before you.
SIAP is a weak way to apologize for being too lazy to search to see if the article/topic has already been posted. Post like you mean it. If it's a repost, take your negbang and mocking. Including "SIAP" is useless. It's similar to people who post jackass comments but close with "Go Blue" in an effort to prevent some of the backlash the post may deserve.
Which, of course, stands for Worthwhile Point Stated In Lecturing and Belittling Tone
I so hope he gets a chance to build off these practices and this bowl game. He knows how much time it takes to get to the level he desires for the team and I hope DB knows that as well. Go Blue!
Nice to see someone conduct a reasonable, fair interview without running out the standard job security BS.
RR doesn't sound like a guy planning to go anywhere - let's hope he doesn't.
As much as the waiting past new years seems like a ploy to hire JH, I'm hoping that DB sees what most of us see: a first-rate coach with a gradually improving team, as the roster gets better and more experienced.
One thing we should keep in mind: DB has said, since the beginning of the season, that he would conduct his review at the end of the season. And, at the beginning of the season, nobody knew JH was going to go 11-1. So all the speculation is just speculation.
so please don't take this too harshly, but I was a little surprised by the bowl game comment. I guess I always thought of the bowl game as the most* important game of the year. I mean, it's the only game left unplayed as of now so how could it not be. All the players have a chance to get back to 100%, you spend a lot of time scheming for a somewhat unfamiliar opponent. It's also, presumably, a really good match up for each team. Almost felt like he was saying it's a meaningless game for fun. Isn't it, in a way, our own championship game? Our chance to end the season on a high note?
Maybe I put too much into bowl games... Great interview overall though.
*edit: caveat: OSU is almost always the most important game of the year.
Could not agree more. You're right to point out that DB has been consistent about reviewing the program at the end of the season. I would only add that he has supported RR to the media throughout the season, through the NCAA findings and beyond.
Love the optimism about Denard.
Can you even imagine him better next year?
That's all I needed to know! Thank you Coach Rod.
One thing I noticed that I really liked was the vibe I got from RR about the future. In many past interviews it always seemed to me he seperated himself from Michigan as if he were an outsider or something, but here he clearly says and means "We..." in reference to the future and the team's improvement.
I am already stockpiling my optimism for this bowl game and next year. I was in the negative there for a while...my apologies.