the just released schedules were a flat-out statement that the B10 doesn't believe SOS will matter in playoff selection
Rooting for a Three-Way-Tie
The road to the B1G Championship game is still long, but there is a lighter at the end of the tunnel.
Two-team ties will be broken by head-to-head record.
If three or more teams tie atop a division, the following methods will be used in order to determine a champion or reduce the glut to two, where a head-to-head tiebreaker then can be used:
• Records of the teams
• Records of the three tied teams compared within their division
• Records of the teams against the next-highest teams within the division
• Records against all common conference opponents
• The team ranked highest in the BCS standings after the regular season gets the league championship game berth unless it is ranked within one spot of another tied team. In this case, the head-to-head result of the two teams would determine the division champion.
• The team with the highest overall win percentage (outside of exempted games)
• The division champion will be chosen by random draw.