I'm over it...
No I'm not, I'm devastated. :(
I'm over it...
No I'm not, I'm devastated. :(
How do we know you're not part of the RDT/WolverineInABag conspiracy? TRUST NO ONE!
and I'm ironic.
BUT I'M ACTUALLY A REAL AUBURN FAN!!!
HOW COULD YOU NOT BELIEVE SOMETHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET?!?!?!
like you by pretending to be in on the joke. Not going to fall for this one.
But I'm in San Diego...and I am a Wolverine...
Are you me?
You recall the offseason after 2008???? Much worse my boy, much, much, much worse!
But since you made this thread I felt obligated to voice my own harumph over here.
Hearing that news just wrecked my weekend. Guess I'll do some Glenfiddich to ease this pain I feel. I need a hello post to make it through all this.
Get the fiddich 15. Way better than the 12.
Drinking thread in disguise!
Word on the street is that Brian is THE PARTY ROOM and THE PARTY ROOM is Brian.....
I've heard there is a secret thread on this board that leads to a webcam through Brian's eyes.
Boom! Charlie Kaufman'd.
who is THE_KNOWLEDGE??
THE_KNOWLEDGE is THE_KNOWLEDGE
and should be hung...there i said it. Let's move on with our lives
At Toomer's Corner??
Whereever RDT/WIAB prefers to be hung is ok with me
Every guy wants to be hung; it's being hanged that one has to worry about.
Or the way the Europeans brought smallpox to America...
And then how the Americans gave the Indians smallpox blankets. One sin leads to another or at least another account on Mgoblog.
Now I know how everyone that gets "one night standed" feels. You open up to someone, they get what they want and that's it. Let's face it......some things are too good to be true.
...as Mike and the bots plodded through the short "Young Man's Fancy":
This is like "Three Days of the Condor". I trust no one in this thread.
i upvote any and all mst3k references.
Every new account created from this day on, will be believed to be RDT/Wolverineinabag.
I'm not really Lupe Fiasco
Of course you're not, you're obviously Denard Robinson.
Or is he?
He needs to go back to his Homer shooting the gun with osu in the scope avatar!
The best was when MTGTM was tracking all of the different identities em0 was using. I seriously miss that guy, but have a feeling he's calmed down and is roaming the board in quiet anonymity. Kid gave us some epic meltdowns, man.
(furiously checks to see if Lutha joins the day em0 disappears)
I always thought it was weird that this so called Bama fanatic knew less about Alabama football than the average Mgoblog user. Also his sources seemed to really suck.
bring back RDT
Best freaking show ever. I don't know how to embed, but this scene is a classic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHhFPkk_VFE
I'm always skeptical of these "reasonable, opposing fans". If they're not obvious trolls everyone immediately jumps on their nuts.
Now that I think about it...
When did that Irish cat stop posting?... Didn't Husker4life kinda disappear around the time RDT showed up?
That rational Sparty and rational Ohio fans are annoying. That is all.
I heard Irish was the guy who had to be resuscitated in the stands at UTL.
RDT will never really go away. He will exist on the face of every child, and on the smile of every baby. And in the spring, when the sun shines on flowers and cause them to bloom, RDT will be there.
Well, I guess we can add "RollDamnTide It" to the Raback/BKFinest lexicon
and their second alias, THE SPARTY ROOM.
nowadays. Color me bummed.
Where were you! You're supposed to protect us from the evils of the board.
I let you down here. I no longer deserve to be called "Seth"
I was... uh... just joking. I'm not Seth, and I don't know why you you would think that.
You screwed that one up, dude.
You should also clarify something else for me. Are you a football playing dog or not?
You're thinking of Blue in South Bend
I'm disappointed in you.
You had a good thing going for you being a moderator. You could delete threads, post in the mod action sticky, and send people to Bolivian (like a2_electricboogaloo that one time. He is my favorite poster here and my best friend ever. He's just too awesome.)
But now knowing that you are not just one, but two mods at once, you have disappointed me, THE_KNOWLEDGE.
You will pay dearly for your transgressions. But for some reason, right now I don't have the omnipotent control over MGoBlog that my THE_KNOWLEDGE account allows me. However, once I figure it out, I will make sure you never leave Bolivian.
He didn't just allow us to take the candy from the stranger, he helped us get in the car.
It's so easy!
I'm here for the gangbang.
Just think: Sheldon or Leonard?
Are you working on the finer details of the HeisenbergInABag Uncertainty Principle, wherein we can know the location of a blogger, or his identity, but not both at once?
I'd suggest talking to a psychic before you see your physicist.
....for your Dissociative Identity Disorder, you might want to see this guy:
Tyler Perry is RDT, WIAB, etc in "Diary of Mad Blog Guys"
I'm sorry if I misled you.... I'm actually BiSB. By that, I mean that I'm painted blue and I'm in South Bend right now.
So you blue yourself?
well, who isn't right now?
Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle. I bet this RDT bastard killed Tupac and Biggie.
which one of you is Keyser Soze? Verbal Kint?
he is gone
Does anyone wish to discuss Alistair Darling's recent proclamations regarding Scotland's future independence referendum? I imagine that if they were to pursue this, the Scots' image of a more egalitarian and prosperous future would dissolve quicker than you could recite the Declaration of Arbroath!
Imagine trying to explain to your wife or significant other "the great RDT/MiaB scandal".
MGoUser: Oh wow. RDT was outed and is really MiaB. RDT developed a cult-like following and posted info about the SEC, Alabama, and recruiting. This is kind of a big deal.
Wife/SO: (stone-faced silence)
you are such a loser. Go mow the lawn.
My wife looked over, read comments, immediately looked at television...clearly had moved on
My wife did a good job pretending to be interested when I explained it to her.
Did she ask for or buy; sex/shoes/clothes/car later that night?
If so she just got what she wanted by making you think she was interested. #womenareevillikethat
She didn't ask for sex.
My guess is she says "So you actually are surprised that someone on the Internet posted something that wasn't true, using an alias, and had another alias under which they were posting? You are such a loser."
I'm not really Steve Everitt.
We know but part of me always wished you were.....*sigh*
If i really was him its not like I'd admit it....so yea
Next thing you'll tell me is that you don't poop excellence.
I always poop excellence brother and don't you forget that.
Thanks be to Football's Valhalla. I don't think I could have handled it if you didn't.
I really am Ernest Hemingway, though.
However, I am only a Zack Novak-rocket hybrid on Tuesdays, wednesdays and every other Friday.
Buried in Grants tomb??? Anyone, c'mon really no answers??? Me's think Jimmy Hoffa
The answer to your question ...
Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
A: Julia Dent
What, you say? This is true. Julia Dent was Grant's wife and is buried in his tomb. Win a bet or two with this answer.
How will I ever explain this to my goldfish.
I didn't know that there were people that still believed he was an actual poster. I knew he was a fraud about five posts into his MGoBlog career. His kiss-ass "In need of an explanation of Spartan fans" thread was nothing more than a blatant attempt to appeal to the masses. It was all I needed to see to know for sure that this guy was just a U-M fan in need of attention. Can't believe so many people were duped. If someone or something on the interwebs seem too good to be true, they/it most likely are too good to be true.
You were into this great conspiracy early, and if more people listened to you so many would have been spared the great pain and internet anguish of... what exactly? Oh ya, reading a guy on a message board who isn't what he claimed on his avatar. Yes, that is uncommon. Whew! I hope the board is extra vigilante next time so we don't have to go through this again.
I'm going to break some more news: The_Knowledge doesn't actually know the future.
at "extra vigilante."
But.. But.. THE_KNOWLEDGE knows all!
Especially using a tag from "M Wolverine". Mr. Wolverine is WIAB (@wolverineinabag) on twitter.
Now he's in my head too!
However, I am The Barwis Effect.
Or is he me? This is so confusing. I should have taken the blue pill.
should've taken the blue pill. Now we have to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Apparently, at least as far as Alabama.
I don't know what's going on, but can I be Jack Bauer?
Okay but then I get to be General Burnside
But no one is going to upload the building plans to your PDA.
Favorite comment of the entire thread.
That Bruce Wayne really is Batman? I knew it.
----- The Riddler
500 points to you my friend!!!
My friends Clark Kent and Diana Prince say that's nonsense.
RDT = WIAB = THE_IGNORANCE
Of course, I could also be RDT joining the pile on thus giving me some credibility. Or, I could just be posting so I can have enough points to make my diary of my experience at the Women's Football Academy. I guess we'll never know...
this is quite funny
RDT's twitter is @Wolverineinabag. He's......HAHA
Brady Hoke is THE PARTY ROOM
This whole time I've been pretending to be a drunken idiot trailer park supervisor......but I'll be honest, the trailer park supervisor part is made up. I feel shame.
Well that's because you play hockey. And since you play hockey, you must be Wayne Gretzky
So, what are you trying to say is... you are Randy?!
Does the Tinman have a sheet-metal cock?
How drunk are you Lehay?
So does this mean RDT's work in Michigan is done and he can finally go home?
He is doomed to leap from time to time, but never home again. He must make right the things in the past that have gone wrong in the future.
Attach an image from the tablet, I'm glad someone got the reference! And poor Sam Beckett, who eventually leaped into Jeffery Archer to save the galaxy.
1. 2006 OSU
2. 2007 AppSt.
3. 2005 Alamo Bowl (Neb)
4. 2001 MSU
5. 2011 Gator Bowl (Miss St.)
One last time for the memory and the neg-bang.
I just wanted to point out that I'm real. =) Have a good week you guys!
On an Internet message board? Biggest "gotcha" yet.
We're all just dudes in underpants here.
..."you" are real, or "they" are real? Are they spectacular?
MGoUsers as Obi Wan Kenobi
RDT as Aniken Skywalker
The Jedi as the Big Ten
The Sith as the SEC
The Force as College Football
Maybe every other poster on MGoBlog is one guy and I've been tricked into participating in his crazy message board
Every other? Maybe it's a huge conspiracy and you're the only real one here.
Is this real life video?
Hey, I said this on the other thread and I just want to say it again real quick. People keep trying to link him with Hoke's Mad Magicians. He made a total of two posts on the site, including his interview of RDT and we split ways soon after. Don't think he represents HMM or the direction we're going in at this point. He hasn't been with the site for well over a month (going on two now).
The idea that you accepted an interview of RTD even when he was supposed to be a legit fan but with "inside info" was a joke to start with. His coming out makes it worse.
Also, Sarah was your best analyst and got a lot of exclusive interviews with great recruits. Explain what happened with her. You didn't defend her against the "testosterone" sports Mafia that attacked her.
I was a follower but these two separate events/posts on HMM were very dissapointing.
A learning experience perhaps.
I'm sorry to disagree with you, but most of your statements are built on hindsight or completely inaccurate. It's easy to say, wow, what a mistake letting a person on your blog do an interview with RDT, but it ignores both the current and past situations. There was really no reason to suspect they were the same person at the time. Along with this, he's not even with HMM anymore. We're talking about things that happened about two months ago. If he was still on the blog, I could see your point, but he's not.
Your statement about Sarah is 100% false and she would agree with me.
I agree that we're always learning, but it's hard to correct a problem that has already been corrected. If he was still on the blog, I could see your point, but the fact is that we had a brief, and when I say brief, I mean brief, relationship with him that ended a while ago. Without getting into personal details, there was a reason that he is no longer with our blog. The only reason I'm leaving the interview up now is because it's hilarious and should provide anyone with knowledge of the situation some great entertainment.
There was no hindsight and were no inaccuracies at all in my post:
1) My first point was that it was editorial bad judgment to post an interview of RTD (just some random dude and not even a credible analyst) alongside a number of great interviews of recruits (done by Sarah). This was bad judgment when RTD was thought to be just a Bama fan…it had nothing to do with him being a fraud. Mixing RDT in with all the great interviews undermined the credibility of your site and lent credibility to someone that had none. At that time I of course did not know of RDT's multiple personalities. Now that we all know it is more comical to go back and read it. BTW, I do have a record on here of questioning the credibility of his statements multiple times but that wasn’t my point.
2) When Sarah resigned...it was due to unjustified badgering by a few other analysts and random fans. She stated this herself. They questioned her credibility without any fact checking. I was disappointed that she resigned under the pressure of what I called "testosterone mafia" and so were many others. My point in the post that you called inaccurate was that in your editorial role you should have defended her credibility on twitter and on your site. You did not as far as I could tell.
My final suggestion was to take this as a learning experience. Take the high road and stop being defensive. We all make mistakes. I like some of the stuff you have on your site recently.
Again, there is nothing in my statements that require hindsight or that were inaccurate...unless I happened to miss your editorial defense of Sarah
1. Disagree with that assessment. I don't want to get into exact details of the situation because that will get too lengthy, but if you compare the situation at the time, it really wasn't that insanely out of line. If somebody's pretty involved in the Michigan community, they're fair game. Like I said, it's easy to look in hindsight, but at the time, it really wasn't that crazy. Saying he had "no credibility" at the time isn't that accurate either, that statement relies a lot on hindsight. Not saying I was a major fan, but the "guy" had a pretty decent following at one point, whether people like it or not.
2. I defended and stood up for Sarah the entire time she was on HMM and still do today. I completely resent any statement made otherwise. Anyone with knowledge of the details will attest to this.
3. The reason I'm being "defensive" is because you're challenging the entire credibility of the site for something someone did that had a tiny impact on the blog almost two months ago. The problem is this "learning experience" has already been addressed. It's like criticizing an employer for an employee that is no longer with the company. It just doesn't make logical sense.
4. I do, however, thank you for the positive comments and concern for the future goals, just disagree with some of your opinions
1. Many people have questioned his credibility, both as a Bama fan, and even more so as a "recruiting guru", since he first appeared. There's a big difference between a Lloyd Brady interview and a RDT interview. No one is asking "Lloyd" for real recruiting advice. So don't act like you're shocked gambling was going on in your establishment. I know it's just a blog, but journalistic standards means if you're going to put an interview up on your site that someone has actually, you know, talked to the dude. If I email Brian saying "hey, here's an interview I did with Brady Hoke, publish it" I would hope he'd check and make sure it's Brady, and not my imagination. This wasn't a board post...it was on your blog.
2. Don't know anything about the situation, so I'm not taking sides...but just on logical consistency you can't say when someone asks where the public denouncement was that "if you know the details, you'd see that I was defending her." I have no reason to believe you weren't. But you have to show where you were doing it in public where he or others could read it. It may be there. He may have missed it. But you can't say "behind the scenes I was defending her" when he's saying "I didn't see you knock the public attacks against her."
1. The problem with that statement is again, you're avoiding the details of the past situation. If a random person emailed Brian about a Hoke interview, I would kind of expect him not to believe it or to check it out. However, this situation was a lot different. This wasn't a random person and the people interviewed warrant completely different responses, especially considering the time period. Sure, everybody claims to have questioned his crediblity now and I'm not saying I ever kept up with him to a deep extent, but he certainly got a pretty big response if everyone thought he was a fake... Along the same lines, as I've repeateded numerous times, he's no longer with our site and there's a reason for that. Using hindsight isn't a legitimate argument against what happened at the time.
2. The facts are that most people don't know the half of what was actually going on with the situation and I would like to avoid discussing the details since they involve many different individuals. I can say without a doubt that I defended her the entire time she was on HMM. Ask anybody involved in the situation and they will attest to this. Regardless, this isn't the issue being discussed anyway.
This wasn't a random person
Why do you say that? This was some guy that (as far as we knew) suddenly started posting in February claiming to be an Alabama fan - not an ex-player or anything, just a fan. And if you did not even know his real identity, doesn't that make him a random person?
That wasn't in reference to RDT
I don't know or care about the dealings behind the scenes. I barely care about it in front of the curtain. Just provide a link where you defended this person in public from her detractors. That's all the OP was saying. Not that you didn't...it just wasn't visible.
1. You're using hindsight to defend the actions, saying you could only know now. I'm saying you could know then. Within a couple of post people were saying "this is too good to be true". And it didn't take much recruiting info passed on to figure he was pretty full of it in that area, even if he was who he said he was. You can say he was popular, which was true. But you were willfully being blind more than those who liked him to say you couldn't see anyone doubting his credibility. It came with almost every post he made. You chose to believe one thing. Which is fine for an internet posting board guy; it was a tough learning experience for someone running a news source. The person had to be be a bit random...because it was the same person! If he was only used for two months, you must have never trusted him that much. So how hard is it to say "ok, I know you...can you give me the contact info for this guy?" not because I think he's you, but I'd like to know for my site that he really has the credentials he claims he has. Even if you didn't doubt RDT, you obviously had doubts about WIAB.
It's not a federal crime, it's more an amusing footnote on internet nonsense. But acting like it was something that would blindside anyone is just being defensive. Could you have known they were the same guy? Maybe, but doubtful. Could you have had doubts of RDT's credibility? Hell, yes. But you published it anyway. Live and learn.
1. As I said, there is a ton of misinformation regarding that situation and without knowing the things behind the scenes, you really can't know the full story. Sorry if that doesn't meet your requirements, but it's the truth.
2. I never said I believed anything particular regarding RDT. I said he was popular among the Michigan community, especially the Internet fanbase, and had a big following, which are all true. Never claimed he was legit or a recruiting expert, just said that because of those two things listed above, one short interview really isn't that far out of line at the time. Second, when I said a "random person" I wasn't referencing RDT. I was saying that WIAB wasn't exactly a random guy approaching me with an interview. Obviously, the interview wasn't what it was supposed to be, but like I said, at the time, there was no reason to suspect anything regarding the double person, etc. Also, one of your facts is mistaken. He was never with us for 2 months, my statement was that he hasn't been with us for about two months, he was only a member of the blog for about a week.
The thing is that people keep stressing this "learning" experience, but the problem was fixed long ago. That's the reason I'm being "defensive", WIAB is not a representation of our blog and if you consider a one week period almost two months ago to be representative of our entire blog, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
This means we can all go back to hating Alabama and it's fans!
Al Borges is Herm
and your avitar.
She posts on this board . . . . . . No really, she does.
How pathetic. I'm not mad, just disappointed.
must be a father.
I specifically remember him posting on the hockey boards, saying he didn't know the rules and how the game was played because he lived in Alabama. What was the point of that?
Next thing you know, he'll be posting as a woman. Maybe even a mother. Uhhh... wait... forget that, he'd never do that.
I specifically remember him posting on the hockey boards, saying he didn't know the rules and how the game was played because he lived in Alabama. What was the point of that?
He wanted the coveted "sympathy posbang."
I guess if targeting the 20 or so members of this board who actually pay attention to college hockey was his motive, he succeeded.
I'm so confused, someone please help me out
This is impossible!
Everything I've ever known is simply a lie
Everyone needs to go the Steven R Kass route and use their full names. SSN's in the signature line. We have one week to comply.
This clown must be devastated!!!! Lol and to think, I actually enjoyed his BS!
One silly login mistake and he can never be wrong here again!
I feel bad for WIAB/RDT. It must be hard to break up with mgoblog.
Demar Dorsey is Raback Obama. Cold case solved.
Pardon me for being away from MGoBlog for a bit, but did he out himself? What went down?
Ah-hah. Funny stuff. Thanks for the link.
Read the beginning of the Tom Kawalski thread. He posts as the OP and as the first comment under each alias
Look at the Kowalski thread..
To Whom It May Concern (Brian),
Please check everyone's email and out them if they have two accounts.
The one guy who doesn't get Score: 5 Normal's
This revelation is either the saddest or funniest thing I've ever seen.
What threads did this happen in?
Keeping both accounts open in different applications...
I think WIAB has really caught the attention on the mgoboard. Hell people in...here...are starting to discuss him. Never in a million years I would have thought that. Providing a few laughs at the end of June is a great start.
Sorry... Just doesn't have the same ring. Good try though.
I'm actually a typing shih tzu.
You look like an Airedale
RDT got caught oversigning-in.
200+ posts in three threads and this is the most clever. +1 my friend.
(Score: 5,000,000 Normal)
make this happen for a day or two?
Someone from "Alabama"?
That's just pathetic.
This is the most fun I've had reading the board in weeks! It's a slow period, not much else to read about, then I stumble upon this controversy! Thank you RDT/WIAB, whoever you are.
What other accounts does he have here? Can Brian and crew do an IP search? I think he also has an account on 247 where he's said: That Bama guy over on MGoBlog seems to know what he's talking about.
This is really a question he asked himself?
"HMM: You're a funny guy, as we all know. Do you consider yourself funny, or is it just us."
I've been pretty much indifferent on "RDT" (I wasn't a fan of the fawning over him). Now?... I think I kinda like the guy.
A True Internet Narcissist taken to the extreme...
Or the football fan version of Borat
I didn't even think he was funny. Now I think he's hilarious.
I feel like I'll never again be able to trust completely unsourced information posted on a message board.
To log into MGoBlog with one of his other identities
And this happens. However, I feel obligated to say that...
Yes, I was pathetic enough to search on Twitter. Not sure if that is more pathetic than the fact this has intrigued me so much for so long. I like me a good conspiracy!
Sorry, not sure how to embed the tweet.
For the record, I am not not have I ever been RDT from mgoblog. I think yesterday was the first time I'd actually started a thread in months
The thing is, you know, if he just confessed, told us the whole story in a thread or something, we might all have a good laugh, get over it, and he could go on and post. He could never "predict" anything anymore, and he would take endless crap, but he could probably go on posting feeling and thoughts on games and such. It might be fun insight, and a good laugh had by all. But to keep being serious about it...that would be kinda sad.
that RDT/WiAB is actually one of these dudes:
Was thinking the same thing.....why did ALL posts from RDT and WIAB stop after they were caught with their singular hand in the cookie jar.
Just man up, admit it on Mgoblog, and be done with it.
It is very sad that one has to go to all this trouble to pump up his ego through an internet blog.
Although this is said by the man who is replying to the 4th page of a post of a thread devoted to the ruse by the man that went to all the trouble to pump up his ego through an internet blog.
Ugh. I need a drink.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, curious. Veeeeeeeery curious
Well this is certainly amusing.
So...WiaB is RDT? RDT is Kate Upton...Kate Upton is Brady Hoke...who is infact...not actually Brady Hoke...ok
whose name is summed up in three letters? Why not SDT?
I could not be more pleased by this news.
In all honesty though, who HASN'T created a second account, just to mess with people?
I have no idea what your talking about...
For the record, I am not not have I ever been RDT from mgoblog. I think yesterday was the first time I'd actually started a thread in months
6/25/12 2:13 PM
I think the typo is his subconscious not wanting to lie anymore.
WIAB is obviously the woman. RDT is the guy. The person in the other thread who said they were lovers nailed it.
OR....Wolverineinabag/RDT could be C-Rex. Note the gingerness of the guy in WiaB photo and C-Rex claim of being a ginger. C-Rex could be making up these stories and is NOT married to a Korean. Dun Dun Dun...
^ I'm just making a joke and not being serious in making this claim.
People actually follow this guy on twitter?
Nope. I saw someone else mention his twitter so I just searched him. Pretty easy find
The funny part is it still says this:
I cover Recruiting for http://hokesmadmagicians.blogspot.com/ University of Michigan graduate, who tried (unsuccessfully) to make Schembechlerists a religion.
Even after the blog guy said they have had nothing to do with him for months.
RDT-skeptics are vindicated.
Way to out him OMG-Shirtless - I applaud you. It just goes to show that when you screw around with people who are smarter than you are - it doesn't generally end well.
RDT/ WiaB/Whoeverthefuckyouare, you get negged every time I see you post now. Not that it will be any different for me. Cheers.
When I was in high school and AOL Instant Messenger was first becoming popular I used to love going into chatrooms and messing with people. They had different rooms set up for different hobbies like gardening or religion. When you already know what everyone is there to discuss it was like shooting fish in a barrel. I guess I eventually either matured or didn't find enough sport in it.
I missed the drama, but, as fun as it seems to have been, did any mods actually do an IP check?
You know, you could put a fence around this message board and call it an insane asylum. Nobody would know the difference
RDT is Mike Jones
Defending his poor, downtrodden innocent posting from doubts and attacks.
Win goes to Allin4Blue for this-
Maybe I am RDT...you'll never know!!
It is very curious that I am new and posting on this issue.
Or perhaps it's becuase I am embarrassed that my only posts from the past are about Stefon Diggs being a savior.
Or perhaps it is curious that I capitalized and underlined the word "is" in my first sentence.
Or perhaps, you should all remember and mark this day as a landmark day in Mgoblog history, as my attempt to take over this entire board.
I will have ALL the MgoPoints (even though no one is supposed to talk about them)!!
The revolution starts today......
(can somebody please tell me how to turn off this damn underline)
Damnit to hell. I posted is his first thread where I had my doubts and I thought we were being trolled. I knew I should have listened to my instincts.
Wow....go away for a weekend and you miss a lot around here. I've just spent the past hour or so getting up to speed on what must've been an epic live thread.
A couple of thoughts. WAY TO GO OMG Shirtless for the outing. I loved the way he not only saw it for what it was immediately but also locked his comment so he couldnt' edit it away. That was brilliant.
On a personal note I am somewhat kicking myself for being a pussy regarding the whole RDT thing as it bugged me from day 1 how everybody kissed his ass but I saw how everyone got jumped on who dared say anything negative so I kept quiet. Not that it would've mattered but I wish I had possessed the balls to say something sooner about the nonsense he was posting.
BTW....has RDT/WIAB spoken publically about this since this all broke or has he/she/it gone completely underground?
WIAB said on twitter that he/she wasn't RDT. Now his/her twitter account is deleted, if I'm not mistaken.
Needs a PR consultant. The denial is always worse than te crime. Don't run, come clean, laugh about it.
I mean, I questioned a lot, but I wouldn't flat out call him a fake, because what proof was there to call out a guy? It just seemed to be too good to be true. And no matter who he was, his recruiting insight sucked.
I was VERY skeptical of the whole RDT persona - largely because I found it very hard to believe that an Alabama "fan" would have that much time and energy to post as relentlessly as RDT did on a Michigan board. When he had the big dramatic "you'll never see me again" thread you linked to above I actually typed out a pretty long comment in which I was going to challenge him to show me the proof that he was ever on any Alabama blogs with any regularity - but I pussed out and deleted it before hitting send.
The funny part was the whole WIAB period when he was posting new threads about every 15 minnutes it seemed. He claimed (if I remember correctly) that it was because his wife just had a baby and he was home with time on his hands. But I can tell you having had three kids of my own the LAST thing you have is time on your hands when I newborn is around.
Anyways I do agree with you that if he had just manned up and admitted the lie he not only would've been forgiven, he'd have been even more popular than RDT ever was. But clearly he didnt want to give up the internet popularity he got from being RDT.
I sure wish I could've been there for that thread.
Gets you called an asshole. Which was probably accurate. But I was a right asshole.
Not to sulk or anything, but can't the guy who laid out most of the evidence get some street cred? (In reply to Mgrowold)
I say this is deserving of the MGo Hall of Fame. Yay or nay?
Two points in response to your question:
1. Yes on the "street cred". At least with me - I overlooked your contribution to the "outing" and yes you are well deserving of underserved and unwarranted up votes by me no matter what you say (kidding). Nice work on your part!
2. Yes of the Hall of Fame. Given the epic ass-kissing and build-up RDT was given I absolutely love the fact he's been brought back to earth with a thud. If you've been on the board and active for any length of time we've all had our "one shining moment" when the board rebukes strongly something we say. It's part of life. How you deal with it says more about you than the event itself IMO.
I don't usually post on here, however, as an avid mgoblog follower and reader of the board, I feel the need to comment on the subject as I have some "insider" info. Also, completely sorry I missed out on the fun yesterday. I overlooked this topic or else I would have posted sooner.
I went to high school with WIAB and haven't had contact with him since maybe a year after that ('03) besides seeing stuff on facebook. He's been living in Michigan for at least the past 15 years, not counting some time in the Army, and he did have a son recently. I guess he pretended to be an Alabama fan as RDT because his dad is an Alabama fan, so he probably grew up rooting for the Tide, but he is a Wolverine fan. I guess the thought crossed my mind before that he could have been RDT as some of the posts sounded like WIABs. I have no idea why he pretended to have inside info, I never believed him to have any contacts, so I usually ignored WIAB's posts. But that would be the Alabama tie.
In a hilarious side story, he once told some friends and I that he was playing college hockey at Syracuse as a goalie. Mind you, we never knew him to be a hockey player but he claimed he was a great goalie. Naturally, we called him out on this. The real kicker, obviously for those that follow college hockey (or at least Michigan), is that Syracuse does not have a hockey program. Yet he insisted that he was their goalie and wouldn't fess up to his BS even though we all knew. I can't remember some of the other stuff, but he had a knack for making up BS like this.
In all, this completely adds up to me. I won't post names or say anything too revealing out of respect for his privacy.
Thanks for the data point! That all makes sense -- I just don't know why he is afraid to admit to it. I think a lot of us had fun with it, and I personally would have nothing against WiaB -- he'd get a lot of ribbing when he posts, but oh well. He added some good things to the discussion, so I hope he continues with his WiaB account, and doesn't instead start a new handle and start from scratch.
What's up WIAB/RDT/whoeverelseyouare! Nice attempt at smoothing things over, but it would be much better if you just came out on your RDT or WIAB account and fessed up like a man.
RDT has the exact writing style as does WolverineinaBag. This style is described as Passive, Nominalized, academic form of writing. There is another blogger on this site who has the same exact writing style...and he goes by the name Herm (MichiganMan1961). Could be a coincidence, but considering he created his MgoAccount 4 days after the Ty Isaac commitment leads to some curiosity...especially since RDT quit posting for a while during that same time frame. Just saying...
The validity of Herm has been questioned by alot of people on the blog. But, he hasn't answered to it and seems to have disapeared now, so I guess that speaks for itself.
"Michigan Man" is also a member of 247 and his one comment was to say how accurate RDT's predictions are.
So we have RDT, WIAB, and MichiganMan. Any others?