He's 71 for God's sake.
mesmerism! presidential assassinations! circuses on fire!
He's 71 for God's sake.
He has a perfect record at Michigan Stadium where he beat a top 5 team.
1) Josh McDaniels - Young, Talented, Ties to midwest (Dad still coaches highschool ball and has coached several ohio highschool powers: Canton, Warren Harding, etc). Don't see him leaving the NFL though.
5) Jeff Casteel - who then rehires MaGee as OC
Great call on McDaniels. I think he's a very solid candidate that isn't getting any mention at all. Don't forget to mention he's worked under Saban and Bellicheck and and has head coaching experience (albeit in the NFL, and it didn't go that well). I just have a feeling he would be money and he apparently just turned down interest from the Niners.
I'd love a Defensive HC who hires McDaniels as the OC. I think he'd be a sick OC brining back some pro-style ideas while keeping most of this offense together. He drafted Tebow so he's clearly okay with a non-prototypical QB.
I just don't like the crap he's gotten himself into this year with the Broncos.
I'll do this in 2 seperate lists. #1, a list of who I wish but will never come to fruition. #2 a list of dear lord please make it happen.
Now for the realistic list.
152 Les Miles
was the question?
5. Bo's Grandchild
6. Bo's rusty vacuum
7. My cat
8. Brady Hoke
Why are people geeked up about Gruden? He went 57-55 with Tampa Bay, that's not amazing. He also would go crazy on some college kid if he made a mistake and Gruden couldn't adapt his defense from the Tampa Two and that's why Tampa never made it far in the playoffs with him after 2002 (when the Tampa Two was still new).
list would go like this.1chip kelly,2urban meyer,3JH,4Les Miles,5John Gruden,6Charlie Strong,7Dan Mullen,8Gary Patterson,9Brady Hoke.GO BLUE!!!
Confused so help me. How can Les Miles get votes ranging from #1 to #999?? I guess I just dont see him as being that divisive of a choice? why? I'm kinda neutral on him with no strong feeling either way so it just kinda surprises me that he can inspire such disdain from some.
What'd he do? Other than win a NC? Not being a dick here I just missed something about him I guess?? Fill me in.
Let's just say she was less than impressed.
1) He has a history of being a dirty recruiter, specifically this whole issue of oversigning a player and then offering a greyshirt after there was not enough room on the team. After the player had moved into his fucking dorm room.
1a) This, as an isolated incident, might be forgiveable. However, it got lots and lots of publicity, and aside from being morally reprehensible, will be a fucking lightning rod for the Detroit media. You think they won't be hemming and hawing about this when he gets here? Drew Sharp probably has three columns already written and is salivating at the chance to jump on this. We do not need this.
2) After the game is within two minutes left and the score close, he checks out and no longer knows where he is, what time it is, or possibly even his name (no hyperbole). This has happened numerous times.
Seriously, does the Moeller wife stuff really have traction? I mean enough support to be considered at least somewhat factual?
Dirty recruiter, has this been his MO everywhere he's been? or is this the result of climbing into the big muddy that is the SEC, I mean it seems like everyone short of Vandy has some stink on them down there. Not that it nessesarily excuses it from an overall moral standpoint but a least it would explain it somewhat. A ultra competitive guy just rationalizing it as the "way things are done" down here.
Clock management I have seen firsthand, and that is just crazy. I actually gotta believe that he's learned from his very public embarrassments over this issue. The guy's not actually crazy is he??
Thanks for the background stuff on Miles. Anything other bombs on him or does that pretty much cover it?
The other story floating around is that he told recruits that Lloyd Carr had some sort of serious disease that would force him to retire (can't remember specifically what it was) when he recruited against Michigan.
No idea whether the the illness story (despicable if true) or the wife story (potentially cool depending on the hotness of Moeller's wife, though guessing beer goggles were in effect when he married her) have any truth, but it does appear that a lot of people close to the program do not like him very much.
From what I can remember from an early MGoPost, it was Parkinson's and was told to Jai Eugene. I may be wrong, but that's like cool too, man.
is what lovely Lester was telling recruits Lloyd had.
So can I actually post on this?
One person I wouldn't mind seeing at Michigan is the current Navy coach. He's young so he could be here a while. Their offense is not exciting but it is effective. Something tells me with other players, he could probably throw in more wrinkles.
i like the coach but not the offense
He seems like a decent enough coach and I would have to believe that he has other tricks up his sleeve, otherwise Navy wouldn't be nearly as successful as they are. And I think someone else pointed out that he's gotten closer to beating OSU then we have. Besides, you have to admit that offense he runs is pretty effective.
1. Wayne Fontes
2. Marty Mornhinweg
3. Bobby Ross
4. Steve Mariucci
5. Rod Marinelli
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. John Harbaugh
3. Jon Gruden/Tony Dungy/Just Dreaming
4. Bo Pellini
5. TCU Dude (great scheme fit, but knows nothing about M/Big Ten
6. Les Miles
56. An old tennis shoe I just found in my basement
62. My four year old son
78. My dog's collar
98. A half eaten egg left over from last night's dinner
100. Brady Hoke
101. A dead dude
#2 fritz crisler
#3 fh yost
#4 Bennie Oosterbaan
4. Jessie (If you show your boobs in a movie and nobody watches, did it really happen?)
3. That biker chick Tori (not a looker, but she would probably let you do everything)
2. Kelly Kapowski
and in a shocking upset...
1. Lisa Turtle
Lisa was always way underrated on the hotness scale. She also had limited competition for her attention (you could swoop right in while Zach and Slater fought for Kelly and all you'd have to do is beat out that dork Screech). In addition to all that, she could buy you loads of stuff thanks to her rich parents.
No way. You missed one dude. The rich guy's daughter at the beach that ended up being the wife on King of Queens. She revs my motor.
I don't know how I forgot Mr. Carosi's daughter. The benefits of a no-strings vacation hook-up combined with the power trip of banging the boss's daughter. Not to mention melting the heart of that ruthless, east coast ice-queen under the California sun.
The list demands revision!
my high school swim coach
I've fallen in love with that cat from the main banner.
Gary Patterson is at the top of my list. I want to reunite him with Jerry Kill (one was a groomsman at the other's wedding) in the Legends division and let them fight over the brown jug. Seriously, he's the top defensive name out there right now. If Rich Rod takes a year off, maybe we keep some of the offensive staff (any word on Magee's whereabouts?) combine Patterson's D with RichRod's O and have a killer team. I know, I'm dreaming, but GP has bi-annual visits to Rutgers, Syracuse, and UConn. He can't be looking forward to that. Right? Plus a $2M/year bump in salary, could be enticing. And he's 10 years younger than Les Miles.
EDIT: I'm not suggesting GP would be afraid of Syracuse, only who wants to go to Syracuse? It's on par with West Lafayette, only the trip from AA to Purdue is quite a bit shorter than TCU to Syracuse or Connecticut or (anyone familiar with the SNL David Patterson imitation say it with me) NEW JERSEY!
Umm, given the uncertainity - I would just hire Jose Mourinho and pray.
The man is a great football coach. Not to mention an impressive resume of winning Continental Football Cups.
Wenger is the man for the job. Then when the players all get to be upperclassmen he can get rid of them and replace them with more freshmen. At least we'll always be fun to watch!
3. Pete Carroll
4. Urban Meyer
5 Kyle Taylor
Just saw on ESPN's recruiting page that DeVondrick Nealy committed to Iowa State tonight. No surprise he didn't want to come here with everything in flux. As for my coaching preferences, knowing that Harbaugh is off the board I would take Patterson over any of the names mentioned. His teams show up ready to play on a weekly basis. Also, he doesn't make the stupid decisions that take his teams out of games like Miles does.
... hate to break this to you but JH ain't happening.
He would know how to use Denard.
Clear eyes. Full heart. Can't Lose!
(Fitzgerald and Harbaugh removed because they aren't leaving their school full of smart kids)
1) Chip Kelly (Nike money vs. it's eugene, OR people. Really? Think about Robinson in that offense!)
2) Gus Malzahn (imagine what he could do with Robinson)
3) Mike Leach (okay, so I want the Pirate hired first - screw the stuffy alumni - the guy is a great interview)
4) Chris Peterson (its like sitting at the kiddies table when your 35 - oh, wait, never mind)
5) Gary Pinkel (He just wins wherever he goes - and We want long hair hippies who marry co-eds and sisters of a football player from the team he's an assistant coach for - http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/yost_david00.html)
6) Glen Mason (all about his wife)
7) Exhume the bodies of Yost, Crisler, Oosterbaan, Schembechler, and Carr (wait, he's still alive), along with Paul Brown and Woody Hayes, extract their DNA, and create a super coach.
8) MWC coaches that had better records than Brady Hoke
9) Pat Hill
10) Now Brady Hoke
11) Troy Nunes
12) Terry Bowden - or whoever ate him and is wearing his skin (it would be a HUGE hire)
12) Sweater vest
13) All other remaining head coaches in FBS except
Seriously - Chip Kelly. Oregon - it's a track school in the Pacific Northwest.
Comparison: Nike shoes vs... Space, Bitches. Space.
Dave Brandon himself.
Harbaugh is #1, but if not here's my Top 10 non-Harbaugh coaches:
1. Spurrier (He'd shake up things and he's long been my favorite coach)
7. Bob Stoops
9. Dan Mullen
10. Tony Dungy
A few guys who I'd HATE: Matt Millen, Brady Hoke, Mark Dantonio, John Cooper, Les Miles, Eric Mangini, Steve Mariucci, Gary DiNardo, Glen Mason, Nick Saban, Dave Wannstadt
Sarkisian is someone that should be on the list. Top 5 in my opinion. He took a horrible, horrible Washington team that wen 0-12 and has gone 12-13 in the last 2 years. If he was hired it'd sort of be like Gene Chizik going to Auburn after going 5-19 at Iowa State. There are a couple of big knocks on Sarkisian being hired here though. He makes $2.3M already, he has no midwest ties, and he's connected to USC's NCAA violations. However, I think he'd be a good hire and he recruits well California and the rest of the west.
1. Robert Rodriguez - He's only 42 and could devise some great schemes. I'm already thinking about defensive backs equiped with sawed off shot guns and linebackers with machetes. Quentin Tarantino would make a good offensive coordinator. Throwing the bomb gets a new meaning.
2. Bill Belichick - Shoot for the moon.
3. Tony Dungy - As mentioned in many posts. Again I'm shooting for the moon.
4. Jim Harbaugh
5. Les Miles - Not well liked here, but seems to be able to win.
6. Brian from MGoBlog. The guy knows and loves Michigan football and would probably be a better choice than a lot of the names floating around out there. I'm more than half serious about this.
Question: Are there any I-AA coaches worth a look this year?
Not really. Coaches from top programs like Delaware, Montana St., Montana, Villanova, William and Mary, Appalachian State have no FBS experience, and most of them are old and/or firmly entrenched in their programs (Nova guy's been there 20 years, W&M guy 30 years).
1. Any coach on those Coors Light commercials
2. Zoltan Mesko
3. George Morales
1) JH- hottest coach and hell recruits will probably dig him
2) Gruden- don't know if he would be the best coach but if your a 16-18 year old kid, who didn't watch MNF and be like this dude is awesome. has to count for something
3) patterson- Texas pipeline>Florida IMO
4) Miles- luckiest SOB ever... i guess we could use some of that
5) Bring back Bo from the grave- we have the technology
4. JOHN Harbaugh
5. Les Miles
49. Geno Auriemma
50. Brady Hoke