Don't have time to do a full write up and the game with NW is tomorrow anyway so here's some random observations
- Active front seven, not very large.
- Lots of blitzes
- They like 3 man fronts on passing downs, looked like some 3-3-5 with delayed blitzing (I hope they do that against us, Denard and Vincent will eat that up all day)
- Lots of coverage breakdowns
- Not a lot of elite speed anwhere except the one CB
- One of their safeties got dinged up, wasn't all that great before the injury
- Good tackling from their front seven, pretty decent against the run
- Losing Trumpy is a big loss for them, was a big part of their offense
- #9 is essentially and H-back with a little more speed, lines up at WR and all over the place
- Persa throws a nice fade, but the WR's are really dominating
- Persa looks a little down on acceleration, injury might still be bothering him
- #11 Ebert is their main receiver
- QB Coulter at 100% looks better than Persa at 80%.
- Offense is basically same as RichRod's
- #99 Buchanan is a player to be concerned with
- B1G worthy front seven
- Not very impressed with their left tackle
- Sheelhaus (sp? who cares) is more of a touch passer, not great zip on his balls. But he's got good ball handling skills, good playfakes.
- Sheelhaus is better rolling to his right than his left
- He also throws a nice corner route against the zone
- #8 Jenkins is their main receiver, deep corners and deep crossing routes
- #80, tall receiver, good hands
- Never go for 2 early in a highscoring game (unless you're a team like oregon that always goes for two)
As long as passing Denard is on target and we get a good game from our CB's, we should beat NW by a few TD's.