I'm not gloating nor flaming--those of you who have seen me post here know that. Regardless, here are my thoughts (from the other side) regarding the game:
- Very impressed with the progress your defense has made. Still not great by any means, but what I saw was MILES ahead of what you had the past few years.
- The wind meant both teams had to change their game-plans significantly, and MSU certainly adjusted better on offense thanks to a more physical O-line.
- Devin Gardner is a better passer than Denard Robinson, although Robinson was easily the best athlete on the field.
- Your O-line did not handle Worthy well at all, and it seems like our entire D-line anticipated your snap count every time.
- Travis Jackson (a RS freshman) did a very nice job on Mike Martin... this was honestly the biggest surprise of the game for me.
- William Gholston should be suspended--more so for the helmet twist than the punch. The punch was a "heat of the moment" type thing after Lewan facemasked him and pinned his face to the ground, while the helmet twist was an unnecessary and dangerous play that I don't like to see out of anyone.
- That being said (re: Gholston), your team did not at all capitalize on the ridiculous amounts of penalty yards that we gifted you. The stalled drives after our defense kept them alive with dumb penalties were crucial.
- I do believe that the better team won, and I know I will get negged for that.
Good luck going forward. I know we'll need a bit of luck to even stay in the game with Wisconsin.