Does it hurt?
i can't wait to show clients how much money i have to waste
Does it hurt?
Has this drunken rampage been taken down? I would like a link to this if it still exists.
What are the odds that GhostofFerbert isn't a troll?
Then 2 posts later you post again, it is tough to believe what you say.
Oh the heck with sports. Let's talk about hunting and thrill of the kill as I KNOW that's a subject you hold near and dear to your heart. Last year I knocked down a magnificent 8 point up near Alpena that I'm having mounted and just this past weekend I grilled up some of the back straps and they were delicious!
Now my question to you Ghost is do you prefer a 30:06 as I do or a 30:30? And when field dressing do you have any tips for proper removal of the organs (messy as hell as I'm sure you know). And do you marinate the meat before cooking or just dress with a little salt and pepper?
1) It's difficult to project, of course - we are setting up to be an excellent team in 2014 and more than likely, we are in the mix for going to the BTCG deep into that season, I would think. Do we make it to a playoff game in 2014, the inaugural year of the new postseason format? The odds would say "not likely" (I won't necessarily say "no" flatly to it - if Gardner is having an awesome year, it may be on the table), but if we keep building this class like we have, 2015 seems like it might not be a bad year at all playoff-wise.
2) Repeating at that level is so hard in the tourney, and teams experience so much in the way of personnel transitions that it might be even tougher now than it was even 20 years ago. In any cases, we're in the extremely competitive upper tier of Big Ten basketball with a couple teams that would have a comparable shot at getting that deep into the tournament. With absolutely no data on the season, of course, I would again say "not likely". Still very excited to see what this season will hold all the same.
3) I did the calculation, but I don't have it in front of me, so take it for what it is worth - Ohio State's 2.25% chance (based on Massey's early estimated probabilities) at a perfect record would be the highest in the Big Ten right now.
4) We had almost 40 recruits and commits at last years, so hopefully something around that. I believe Derrick Green was among the attendees who were not committed to 2013's class at the time. For this one, there is no published list yet that I have seen, but I believe Artavis Scott and Adoree' Jackson are among the early probables. Keep in mind, however, that in 2013 we're averaging a commit every 13 days or so - the class could be nearly full by then if not full already, depending on how many we're taking.
5) Like others, I would go with Adoree' Jackson as the one that might shock us by picking Michigan. I believe he is an Illinois native and has family there, so there is a Midwest connection that might work a little for Michigan, but it is uncertain that he would come back to the Midwest, it seems.
1. I hope so.
2. The tourney is such a crapshoot, and the Big Ten is so solid now, that I have a hard time saying yes to this. I do think we're on the verge of a prolonged run of great seasons though.
3. Probably Wisconsin.
4. Exactly 3.635.
5a. Adoree Jackson. You said baseless speculation.
5b. Da'Shawn Hand. I don't know, I just don't have a good vibe from him. I think he'll end up in the SEC.
Wisconsin plays OSU in Columbus early in their conference schedule. Are you expecting them to beat OSU?
Would anyone actually be shocked if Hand didn't pick UM? If so, they need to take off the maize and blue glasses.
1) Unfortunately, no. While I believe Gardner will stay in Ann Arbor, the chances of him making the new playoff bracket his final year aren't where I would be comfortable wagering he'd make an appearance. With conference appearances the way they are now, it would take an undefeated season to make the playoffs over a couple one loss SEC teams or even a one loss PAC-12 champion. While I have the highest of hopes, banking on an undefeated season is never a safe bet, so will have to say that Devin doesn't get to go out as a playoff contender. (Perfectly willing to be shown to be wrong, though!)
2) I think if any B1G team makes the Final Four this year, there's better than even odds that it's Michigan who represents. That being said, however, with the way NCAA Tournament plays, I have a suspicion that there will be no B1G representative on the last days of the dance, and the window on Michigan continuing from this past run will be reset. Honestly, I don't know enough about MBB recruiting to project any further down the road than next year (the curse of one and done), but with Beilein there's always a shot. By that time, I envision State will have made a run, maybe Indiana, Ohio...so no, I don't beleve it will be Michigan again.
3) Last unbeaten is Ohio. Play cupcakes at home to start, and Wisconsin before they find a new identiy. If Ohio survives October 5 in Evanston, which I am on the fence about, but for this prediction will say Buckeyes win, my guess is they go undefeated until November 30 to set up a great game in Ann Arbor.
4) I speculate two recruits committing at the BBQ or shortly thereafter. Artavius Scott and Malik McDowell. Maybe a third, but don't know the visitor list enough to guess on who that may be.
5a) No real surprise commit that I can think of off the top of my head. Don't think any of the top RBs come in this class, and Hand and Jackson aren't really "surprises" if they commit, but I'll wuss out and go with Hand.
5b) Jumping on the bandwagon and going with Westphal here. Seems to be on the Treadwell path, and the later it gets either his spot will disappear if Jackson commits first, or, more likely, he decides to jump ship before that seeing the current roster of DBs and an incoming Peppers to contend with.
1.) Yes, Gardner is feeder enough to put us in the playoffs against the other 3 SEC teams that'll make it.
2.) MSU, unfortunately. They return almost everybody.
3.) Last undefeated team in B1G i'm picking Nebraska...they get UCLA at home, Northwestern at home. If not them, them definately Meeechigan.
4.) Damien Harris for 2015, Artavis Scott for 2014, and I think Adoree Jackson leaves Ann Arbor with a clear top 2 of Michigan and USC.
5.) Shocker will be Casey Tucker. Exactly, you are shocked.
6.) Person who'll shock us by committing elsewhere, Parrker Westphal who'll commit to Vandy, but fear not felllow Mgobloggers for Adoree Jackson will replace him.
...when old style voting returns to the MGoBoard. Then we will all be able to do some of this:
Cross the streams?
+1 to Ghost of Yost/Ferbert being at perma 0.
Also this is just a humble request, but if the mods could monitor any usernames created from the same IP address or the same email and let us know what they are so we can keep tabs on this clown. That would be appreciated and put to good use regarding negging (once I am able).
He'll be telling us that he has 12,000 IP addresses next.
West Coast kids to come here. Between the two, I say we land one. I think we have a shot with Hand, but I am not considering it a lock. No idea with Jones. McDowell kind of seems to want to go somewhere else, but it's just a matter of finding that elsewhere. It's possible he's just not the kind of guy that's going to get worked up about anywhere, and picks Michigan due to proximity (we get burned enough the other way I won't be sad if it breaks in our favor).
1. Will Devin Gardner's last game in a Michigan uniform be a playoff game?
Yes. WE will make the playoffs in 2014. WE are going to be stacked that year at almost every position.
2. Is Michigan the next B1G team to go to the Final Four in MBB?
Yes again. Our incoming talent is really good, and should mitigate the departures of Burke and Hardaway enough that the year-to-year improvements from Stauskas, Spike, GRIII and McGary will result in using being pretty damn good.
3. Who is the final unbeaten team in the B1G this year in football?
Ohio. Look at their schedule. Also, they are scary loaded with talent.
4. How many recruits commit at the BBQ in July? Who are they?
2 recruits. 2015 Harris and 2014 McDowell.
5. Which current recruit is going to shock us by picking Michigan? Which recruit is going to shock us by not picking Michigan? Not shocking, but we land both Hand Adoree. We don't land Parker Westphal (sp?).
Fun topics. Better than all of the meta bickering, Upton's bday, OT stuff and general offseason crap.
1. Yes, we will lose 1 game (@ Ohio St) in the regular season and beat Ohio St in the conference championship.
2. Most likely not, unless Walton has a freshman season similar to Burke's two years ago.
3. Ohio St.
4. Two. Artavis Scott and Damien Harris.
5. Picking Michigan: Juju Smith
Not Picking Michigan: Da'Shawn Hand
1) No. I doubt UM will be better than 10-2 in the regular season in 2014 and that will not be good enough to make the four team playoff.
2) I don't follow BB closely enough to make a good judgement but I'll guess...no?
3) Ohi...no, maybe Michi....no...the answer is: Nebraska.They won't lose until they play UM in Ann Arbor on 11/9.
4) One commit. I don't know who is scheduled to show up so I can't guess the identity.
5) I'm not sure if it will really be a big shock but since no one is really talking about him, I will go with Kalen Ballage as the "shocking commit." Parrker Westphal, who seems to be considered a "lock" for UM will not end up at Michigan.