1. Our pass rush has been below average through 4 games and we need it against a pretty solid pass offense this week.
2. We have come out flat at home the past 2 weeks and can't afford a slow start Saturday in our first road game.
3. Tate's health
4. MSU is much better than their record indicates.
5. Offensive Line lacked cohesiveness today and clearly isn't the same O-line from the first 3 weeks.
6. MSU is against the ropes and needs this win more than Charlie Weis needs some ruffage in his diet.
Reasons to be optimistic:
1. Despite adversity, Michigan is finding ways to win and MSU is finding ways to lose.
2. Stonum and KO return team look like they could bounce one at any given moment.
3. Rushing attack is dynamic although not as much this week with the new O-line configuration.
4. Defense hasn't been great but showed great heart in quick changes today holding IU to field goals vs. TD's.
5. If we have to punt, Zoltan will shift field position by 95 yards on average.
Just some feelings without statistical analysis but I am very concrned about a young team going on the road to a hostile environment for the first time this season. This is a big one. Iowa, OSU, and PSU all look very good with a big "unknown" attached to Wiscy.
We need a win this week to gain some confidence in our first big conference road game.