We at MGoBlog love lists.
I wanted to start a discussion on your favorite war films. There are so many good ones, but if you had to narrow it down to a top five, what would that list look like?
For me, it was a struggle. Here's my five:
1. "Patton." It has one of my favorite opening scenes in film ever, and George C. Scott gives such a memorable performance.
2. "Saving Private Ryan". The D-Day scene alone gives me chills and the editing is fantastic.
3. "The Longest Day." Great cast.
4. "Downfall." Bruno Ganz is very believable as Hitler. He captures Hitler's mannerisms and little tendencies so well that it is almost scary. I felt like I was actually watching real footage of the man.
5. "All Quiet on the Western Front." I'm a sucker for the black and white pictures.
Other notables: "Platoon," "Full Metal Jacket," "Kelly's Heroes," "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "Apocalypse Now."