With all the interest in having an MGoBlog fantasy football league, I decided to set one up that anyone here can join. There are some rules though:
- Your team name must be funny and include the name of a current or former Michigan Wolverine football player.
- You will not pay a fee to enter. This is only for fun.
- This is in no way an MGoBlog officially-sponsored league.
Here's the deal...if you wish to join, you will type your email address in a reply below and I will send the league invite to that email address. This way, I can keep out trolls and others who I think may be a problem within the league. I run the league, I make the rules. And don't worry, I've been a commissioner in 20+ leagues over the years, so I know kinda what I'm doing. Additionally, I will be doing a weekly feature on the league homepage of that week's "best matchup." You'll enjoy it.
Here are some of the basic settings and scoring setups for the league:
- Live online draft on Tuesday, September 7th at 9pm EST
- QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
- Normal Yahoo scoring PLUS bonuses for receiving, rushing and passing yards
- Fractional points will be used
- 8-team playoff in Weeks 15, 16 and 17
- Negative points for short missed field goals
- Head-to-head style of play
- 12 teams maximum
- One-third league vote to override pending trade
- 1-day waiver timeframe
If you have any other questions, ask away! I can't wait for college football season to start, but I love me some fantasy football too!