“Music can evoke lots of emotions. It can bring back old memories, make you instantly happy, pumped up, or wistful. And if you are a sports fan, part of the soundtrack of your life must come from the sports world…
“As a sports fan, some of the music that will forever be in your head are the themes to your favorite televised sporting events. All you need is a few notes of your favorite sports TV themes and instantly memories begin to flow… The Top 10 Sports Theme Songs are:
10. The Wimbledon Theme. There are actually two – an American and a British one, both immediately recognizable by their respective audiences.
9. NFL on FOX. The background music for the dance moves of Cleatus, FOX’s robot.
8. Champions League Anthem. Adapted from Handel’s Zadok the Priest.
7. The Masters Theme Song. Appropriately, the slowest theme song on the list.
6. Hockey Night in Canada. Canada’s second national anthem and referred to by Wayne Gretzky as “the greatest song in Canada.”
5. ESPN SportsCenter Theme. Nearly 20 years old. (Worth watching the clip just to see Olberman’s 80s-look.)
4. CBS College Basketball Theme. March Madness anyone?
Before looking, what are your guesses as to what numbers 3, 2, and 1 are?
Need a hint? One was composed by then-conductor of the Boston Pops, John Williams. One was composed by John Tesh. The other was composed in 1971 for the BBC.