Just caught the tail end of the EA Sports NCAA Football 13 live chat/reveal for the gameplay improvements, yeah I really had nothing better to do. I missed a lot of it, but I caught a few interesting changes they mentioned:
- Improved realism on linebacker abilities (No more "super" linebacker picking off a pass that should be way out of reach).
- New disguised coverage making it more difficult for WR motions to give away man or zone coverage.
- Smoother read/pitch option mechanics.
- Realistic coverage capabilities (this kind of goes along with the LB one, but it sounds like they took miraculous CB knock downs/INT's when they have their back turned to the QB).
- Some playbook creation improvements that I didn't really pay attention to.
- New special teams formations, realistic "lane" coverage.
That's all I really saw since I missed the first half or so of the show. It looks as thought they are actually improving on some big gameplay issues. It'll be interesting to see how much better some of those things are, mainly the ridiculous coverage abilities from past games, when the game comes out. Any other thoughts, or big improvements that I missed?
Ed: Just saw a post from EA Sports on the improvements. Link found here.