With OT threads about to disappear into the horizon, I thought tonight might be a good time to pick the board's brain for any delicious, outrageous, or just strange MGoRecipes. I know there have been a few of these threads in the past, but a quick search for "recipe" doesn't show many results, or I would link to them here.
So, whether it's for tailgating, dinner, snack/appetizer, or drink recipes, what do any of you make that I (and everyone else) am missing out on?
I'll start things off by posting one I learned last year for making chicken salad, to make this you need about three pounds of chicken (one of the boneless/skinless packages found at any grocery store works just fine), one large onion, one green pepper, cayenne pepper, Zesty Italian Dressing, vegetable oil, and mayo.
- Poke holes in chicken, rub with cayenne pepper to taste.
- Put chicken in a freezer bag with the dressing, refrigerate in this package overnight.
- Empty contents of bag onto a cookie tray, cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until done.
- Finely dice pepper and onion, sauté with vegetable oil.
- Cut chicken into small cubes, add pepper and onion.
- Add mayo to taste.
This has been well received by just about everyone I've shared it with, and it's one of my favorite sandwiches to make at home. Someone here (the evidence points to mgokev) posted a dip recipe when Brian asked for tailgating recipes, but since that post was for charity and has since been edited to remove instructions, I'll leave it to him to post it. I can say it's quite good.