1. Saban calls CB (and Georgia commit) Shaq Wiggins into his office on an unofficial visit to Alabama
2. Saban tells him that from hsi film, he hasn't seen cover skills like his in a long time
3. Tells Wiggns that he will offer him a scholarship if he commits to Alabama that day.
4. Wiggins says he's honored, but still chooses to remain with Georgia
5. Is promptly offered by 3 more SEC schools, like his verbal never happened.
A verbal in the sec, is kind of like strippers with a heart of gold. We know they exist, we just don't put much stock into them.