Football Display Case
rundown of Michigan's riser
needs moar usage
so much for that
This list is completely arbitrary and not a genuine analysis of the relative merits of state fossils.
will be michigan's highest pick in a while
money has to go somewhere
I am only motivated by people who have no opinion about me.
the just released schedules were a flat-out statement that the B10 doesn't believe SOS will matter in playoff selection
but I thought that draft was supposed to be incredibly loaded?
If you're gonna go please be in the first round.
another delightful side effect of a 14 team conference
thoughtful piece from Jacobi on middle finger lady
Live in downtown Detroit and there's a bus that you can get unlimited rides to 9 bars/pubs Saturday night for a measley $10.
The liver is evil and must be destroyed!
Why is this relevant? Because one of my friends, who I met at work and will be partaking in this barcrawl, is an MGoBlogger. Lurker, not poster though.
Never been backpacking, I'd like to, I just don't know if it's "for me".
Last day at the old job was yesterday, and I'm starting the new job next week, so I have a bit of a long weekend. After 7 years of traveling for work, I think I deserve it. Answers:
1. My brother-in-law and his fiancee are throwing an Arrested Development party. I've only seen the show a couple times, but they said to show up wearing something based on whatever you know about the show. I'm going as a banana.
2. Not into overnight backpacking, but I do hike a lot. I live pretty close to the Central District of the Shenandoah National Park. I proposed to my now-wife at the Bears Den Overlook, which is on the AT and has a pretty nice trail center.
3. I grew up in Michigan, but none of my friends there are MGoBloggers as far as I know. I moved to Virginia and met a couple dudes who are, though.
4. Merican cheese, bacon, some shredded Mexican cheese blend sprinkled on there. Pepperoni is good too, but a little greasy. Also good is bacon and cheese grilled between two slices of cheesy garlic Texas toast (fried egg optional).
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
Denard: The Happening
1. Greektown for wife's cousin's 40th
Working from home this morning, so thanks for the distraction. Also, warning to everyone to turn off sportscenter when they get to the segment on historic upsets- I was completely unprepared and my day is a little worse off than it would have been otherwise.
Tonight wife' friend house party (wife is in grad school)
Yes, actually climbed Kilimanjaro this summer
Yes, both cases. Met a couple of guys to watch games a couple of times. Also found out a few friends are on the board.
I actually just love the classic though I have never tried a variant, will do
The Counterpoint (www.the-counterpoint.com)
Discussions that aims to find facts, highlight different points of view and strengthen opinion.
Grilled ham and cheese = delicious
-hopefully a flight lesson saturday, working on my private pilots license out of A2 airport.
-love backpacking. It centers my soul.
-yes, friends and coworkers
-with fontina, smoked mozz, and a little shaved parm.
(Blogger alias: "Misopogon") This team is under construction. We thank you for your patience.
I like to make two sharp cheddar on sourdough grilled cheese and use them as the bun for a 1/3 lb angus burger with bacon and grilled onion.
I am going to Lake Geneva!
Programming note: I'm going MGoAWOL for a few months starting next week, so if you want Friday Posbangs, best to start it yourself.
"The straightest line from A to B is straight: From A to B"
"When you have Denard Robinson, you can have everything"
IIRC you live somewhere near me in the Chicago burbs (unless you moved recently) so I'm wondering what restaurant is that that serves that grilled cheese? That sounds really good.
My Blog - posts on movies, tv, and books; politics; and fatherhood Updates minimum 3x a week
I don't know of anything like that back home. But yeah, I did go to high school in Algonquin, and my mother still lives over there, which is like one town over from you (Gilberts, IIRC).
You can get to Portillos either direction in what, twenty minutes? Now that's something to be jealous of.
I was hoping it was somewhere local, and yes I'm in Gilberts. Didn't realize you weren't in Algonquin at the present. And yes, we've got Portillos close by in either direction on Randall as they just opened one in Elgin now, right near the new Sam's Club and its a mere 12 minutes from my house to my happiness. That sucks that wherever you are for grad school doesn't have a Portillos close by.
chili dogs with cheese and onions, fries and a root beer would be amazing right now. Gonna have to settle for a homemade sandwich and some spicy pickles, which doesn't sound as good, but will still hit the spot.
Plans?-root on the struggling Red Wings. No backpacking. Never met an MGoBlogger. Grilled cheese and chili at Zingerman's Roadhouse.
I'm a backpacker! Planning on doing the John Muir Trail this summer for the first time and stoked about it.
Amazing! I can see myself doing that in a couple summers (once I roll over enough vacation time). I entered the lottery to dayhike Whitney this summer. Crossing my fingers!
Good luck with the Whitney lottery! If you don't get in, are you aware of the mountaineer's route? It's supposed to be much easier to get a permit for, way less crowded, and doesn't actually require mountaineering as the name would seem to imply, just some 3rd class scrambling. Everyone I know who's done Whitney recommends it.
If you're going in late July, hopefully I'll see you at the top of the world! (obviously the world consists of the continental US and nothing else)
Lemme get this straight: you don't need any technical climbing/gear to do the "mountaineer's route"? If that's the case, I always enjoy a good scramble, so that's a possibility
From Summitpost's essential gear section for the Mountaineer's route:
"A helmet is strongly advised, as the gullies contain lots of loose rock. Crampons and ice axe are needed until all the snow melts. If you are not confident on exposed third class terrain, a rope, harness, some slings, and a few pieces of rock pro will allow you to protect the last 500 vertical feet of the climb."
Yup, as ToDefy pointed out, it probably requires some technical gear if you go early in the season, but July/August/September should be straightforward hiking and scrambling. I assume it's only called the Mountaineer's Route because if you want to actually climb the face of Whitney, that's the approach you take.
Throw raccoons, duh.
If I tell you it's Easter, you better start looking for eggs.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade.
1. Going to a Lake Erie Monsters (minor league hockey team in Cleveland) game tomorrow night with the wife and another couple.
3. Sort of. It was really weird. It was last summer after an Indians/Tigers game here in Cleveland, and as we were leaving the stadium, my wife ducked into a restaurant to use the bathroom. While I was waiting outside, some guy walks by wearing the yellow Brian photobomb shirt (couldn't find it in the MGoStore). I saw it and was like "MGoBlog!" And he just looks at me for a second (he was fairly inebriated) and was like "Heck yes!" And we high-fived. And then he just kept walking down the sidewalk.
4. Pretty much anything on the menu here. (Yes, Cleveland does have some good things.)
Due to delays in some code delivery, we are way behind on our project. What does this mean? Everyone waiting on the code has to scramble to get us back on track! Let's not move the end-date, let's just create a
As a result, we now have mandatory weekend work to try and catch up. So much for the "lack of planning on YOUR part does not constitute an emergency on MY part."
Yay for me.
Taking my 2 year old skiing!
"Wasn't that Michigan drive just great. That's like Patton riding into Berlin." ~Bob Ufer
I've met serveral mgobloggers in Arizona. And by serveral, probably 4 or 5.
It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Forgot to include my Grilled Cheese Manifesto!
Turkey with Swiss, Cheddar, and Mozzarella Cheese with grilled Red onion on Grilled Seeded Rye Bread. Butter BOTH sides of the bread...omfg it's amazing.
1. Moving Agave pups and a cactus plus Mich BBall
2. Also probably hiking Pinnacle Peak
3. Wife, and multiple friends are MGoBloggers, although all are lurkers
4. Bacon... Always Bacon in Grilled Cheese
1. My weekend will consist of two things: Hockey takes on OSU Friday and Saturday, Saturday morning I start Tactics and Strategy, the last Fire Department class I need before I am a certified Fire Officer.
3. I've never met an Mgoblogger, but if anyone goes to the events hosted by the UM Club of Chicago you have probably seen me.
4. I haven't had a grilled cheese since elementary school.
1. Doing some racing and then relaxing.
2. I love backpacking! I've done quite a bit.
3. Never met any MGoBloggers. I haven't been around long enough. The addiction is slowly setting in. I've heard there is no cure.
4. No variants, although tomato soup is a great compliment.
Best backcourt in the country!
"The guts and glue of the Maize and Blue" - Bob Ufer
1. LAN Party tomorrow. Watching the Daytona 500 with in-laws on Sunday.
3. I converted my brother over to MGoBlog.
4. Grilled cheese with ham and a slice of tomato. 2 slices of American cheese and 1 slice of pepperjack cheese.
Walmart Wolverines are OK in my book!
1. Just watch some hockey this weekend. Going to a Plymouth Whalers game tomorrow to get my hockey fix.
2. Not really a backpacker, other than backpacking through Brazil one spring a few years ago.
3. A few of my friends are on here. There are couple fellow faculty members that read and post on mgoblog.
4. I prefer a four cheese blend quesadilla aka a mexican grilled cheese.
1. Watching the MBB game and cooking lotsa seafood.
b. No, unless a fannypack counts.
3. No, but a vendor of mine met Seth recently.
4. Grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich.
4 open face with marshmallows (and makes the better half cringe)
1. WMU-ND (YTND) hockey Sat night (senior night).
2. Not for a few years (aging sucks)
3. Yes, and it's fun to have conversations that include "not that..." and "cool story, bro" and the other person knows exactly where it came from. The guy in the cubicle across from me reads MGoBlog at lunch just as I do, so I can say "did you see..." and he'll answer yes before I even finished. The MGoBlog universe is better than the real universe, and MGoBloggers are more fun to be around than non-MGoBloggers. But we all knew that already.
4. No variant, please. Just plain ol' grilled cheese.
1. I'll be in the Maize Rage at the Illinois game this weekend.
2. I haven't gone in a while, but I did a 100 mile hike out in the mountains of New Mexico a few years ago.
3. I was introduced to MGoBlog by a friend, but he is the only one I personally know.
4. I love me some bacon grilled cheese
I almost forgot that I'm going to play some lazer tag for the first time in awhile this weekend too.
You mean Bubble Tag?
Not sure why there's two minutes of black screen at the end of this
1) winter beer fest in GR tomorrow. Might go to bball game sunday, or watch with friends at bar. Possibly live jazz at Rush st sunday night
2) yes but i don't get out as often as i would like. Next targets are isle royale and puckaskaw
3) my cousin dropped a MANBALL reference and that's how i discovered he was a reader
4) sharp cheddar, tomatoes, serrano peppers on wheat
1. Gonna tie some flies for the Caddis hatch in March. If I have some spare time maybe I'll tie some midge patterns using some yellow and blue (don't know if I will be able to find maize colored thread or wire.)
2. Not really, but I will hike a considerable distance to get to isolated lakes and streams
4. I had a grilled cheese that had pulled prok on the inside from a food truck. It was pretty damn good, but not something I would eat regularly.
Greetings from Bolivia.
"It's special how the real true people hang together. And if you don't support the program you're not a true Michigan guy. It's that simple." - Gary Moeller
I'm heading down to Lindsey Wilson College with the rest of the Michigan Cycling team for our first race of the year. We have a Team Time Trial Saturday morning, a road race Saturday afternoon, and a criterium Sunday. Can't wait to get the season started off. Shameless plug to our twitter account.
One of my roomates is an MGoBlogger, so I guess that counts as meeting one.
And for grilled cheese: Swiss cheese, cream cheese, asparagus. All of that on texas toast bread. The bees knees. When I can't find asparagus I'll go with a cheddar broccoli grilled cheese.
EEB c/o 2014
1. Got some work to finish up before spring break. Ah, college. Then I'll spend my Saturday jumping up and down a lot in the Maize Rage and then networking with some people after the game at a company I'm interviewing with for an internship in a few, so should be exciting.
2. Just getting into backpacking, I love neature. Posted it earlier, but heading down to NC with some other students for a spring break backpacking trip. Gonna be awesome.
3. Never met anyone else, had one friend recognize me by my name though since it's a little obvious but I'm too lazy to change it. Eh. Whatever.
4. Grilled ham and cheese is nice. Yeah.
Weekend plans include going to work, enjoying a cold alcoholic beverage, and contemplating my future.
While I haven't met any mgobloggers since moving to OK in 06, I have met quite a few Michigan fans in this state. Many more than I would have guessed. I've even had a few offers made on my car, with it's custom blue paint and maize (actual color) pinstripes.
1. Apartment Hunting in the DC area. Yes..$1200 will get you a 441 s/f studio.
2. I'm not, but not opposed to it.
3. No I havent, at least not knowingly, but the NCAA 12/13 dynasty started on here and the guys from there are great. We've had our dynasty going for 9 or so months now and are all planning to go to meet up at a game this year and tailgate.
4. Ham...hospital across the street has a grill man that does wonders with it!
Happy Weekending everyone!
1. I will be working all day today and Sunday, but I have Saturday off. Will most likely watch a good deal of college roundball and eat as much mexican food as possible.
2. Not a backpacker, but I'm a geologist so I have spent quite a bit of time in the field. It's kind of like backpacking sometimes.
3. Unfortunately, no.
4. Nothing extremely special, but I make mine with an everything bagel in the toaster oven.
If your ever at Ball State, most likely your here to kill brain cells. So why not go to Savages Ale house after a night out for a grilled cheese stuffed with fried cheesesticks and clog your arteries as well?? Seriously it's as good as it sounds and Coach Hoke approves.
1. Drinking beer
3. MGrow Old and his lovely Avatar in Naw Lins
4. Pepper Jack Cheese, Honey Baked Ham, with Real Butter on White bread.
From the Red Cedar Message Board: "God hates us." Yes He does Lil Bro, yes he does. Everyone hates you.