Any other F1 fans out there? Thoughts on today's Grand Prix of Malaysia?
- What a start by Renault, especially Heidfeld. Really impressive after last race. As the announcers say every race, Kubica must feel so frustrated to not be in that car.
- Also what a start by Schumacher, ran much better than teammate Rosberg, who out-qualified him. I'm a Schumacher fan so that was nice to see.
- Even without Varsha, I love this announcing crew. Hobbs is my favorite. Matchett gets on my nerves on occassion with what I perceive as a McLaren bias, but his technical insight is invaluable. Will Buxton has filled in for Peter Windsor wonderfully; lots of energy, knowledge, and always well-spoken. Nothing lost in that transition at all. Hope that Peter landed back on his feet after the USGP disaster last year.
- The DRS really does seem to aid in overtaking. Gimmicky or not, at least it works, unlike other attempts by the rules officials at this in past years.
- Extremely impressive effort by HRT to get within about 6% of the top teams in lap-time performance after the off-season and first race they had. I still doubt they'll live to see the 2012 season, but I'm still happy for them in the meantime.
- Will Red Bull ever get their KERS system working? Will they ever need to, really?
- I'm a little disappointed there wasn't any rain during the race (or qualifying). That always makes things more interesting. Seems like there's always rain in Malaysia.
- Any thoughts on what this 'special announcement' about the Austin GP track on Tues evening might be about? Will be televised on Speed at 8pm.
Final classification: 1. S Vettel 2. J Button 3. N Heidfeld(!) 4. M Weber 5. F Massa 6. F Alonso 7. L Hamilton 8. K Kobayashi 9. M Schumacher 10. P DiResta
For those that don't closely follow F1, the next race (along with qualifying and practice) will be televised on Speed TV next weekend. Check your local listings! It's a great sport, and Speed TV does a great job of supporting it.