When I got my first smartphone a few years back, I felt an unbridled joy thinking of all of the capabilities I would have at my fingertips. Two years later, I don't understand how I ever really lived without it, but at the same time, I feel it's getting a bit stale and I need MOAR apps to make my life simulatneously easier and more complicated.
So, any good recommendations from the MgoCommunity? The full range of application types interest me - from games to news to financial/organizational software to totally random.
Some apps that I can't live without include:
- 8558CALLVM - App lets you call another cell phone directly to its voicemail - perfect when I want to call into work but don't want to talk to my boss.
- Hyundai Bluelink - Lets me remote start, check my vehicle economy stats, unlock my doors and other cool stuff related to my car.
- Brightest Flashlight Free - a must have when walking down dark hallways at night after the girlfriend has gone to bed.
- Chase - probably the best app I've ever seen, with the photo check deposits and ability to totally manage accounts.
- Greatclips - Allows you to check-in online so you can step right into the barber chair when you get there.
- Meme Generator - Has images of all of today's hottest memes, allowing the user to create the text to go along with it; or create your own memes using your own photos.
- My Fitness Pal - Great calorie counting app to ensure I keep my weight in my desired range, that has a database of all sorts of foods, raw, processed, restaurant made. Also tracks workouts for calories burned.
- ESPN Scorecenter - Still my go to app to check scores and read sports news - didn't update to the new version b/c of all the bad reviews.
- Walgreens - Filling prescriptions on the go is pretty badass.
- Map my Ride - Uses GPS to chart your ride course when you cycle, giving you milage, MPH, etc.
- and of course, MGoBlog - the most convenient way to read MGoBlog on the go.
Give me MOAR. I'm an addict!
Edit: Thanks to all for the suggestions - I can't wait to try some of them out!