Not a big Aerosmith fan as I think the 90's catalog was a lot of crap. Some of their earlier stuff was pretty good and I think is respected as classic rock and will get me to turn my radio up a little. With that, I don't think I would ever shell out some cash to see a concert and I know without doubt that I wouldn't pay to see someone other than Steven Tyler fronting the band. If this happens I don't see how the tour could be successful.
OT Aerosmith auditions new front man?
Dude that looks like a lady..
How about Lady GAGA? haha.
Vince Neil was the "dude" that inspired that song fwiw. He's probably unemployed.
It is always pathetic when aging rock bands attempt to stay relevant.
Don't they realize that a good eighty-percent of rock 'n roll is about being young, broke, disenfranchised, confused, horny, and angry? Nowadays, Aerosmith are just confused.
Please, quit trying to re-ignite the magic. If you insist on playing shows, that's cool: But don't force your shitty attempts at 'breaking new ground' upon the audience. We just want to hear a few cuts from "Toys in the Attic".
Not a huge Aerosmith fan myself but if they really had to do it I can see why they are looking to Lenny Kravitz and/or Billy Idol...would have to be someone with some wow factor.
ever it is better have a hot daugher and promptly put her in a video in her underwear...
His mouth won't be big enough.
(Seriously, Steven Tyler has always frightened me a little bit.)
I heard on the radio that they were actually approaching Billy Idol for it...
Billy Idol - forgot about him. He did an amazing video from about 15 or 20 years ago to a song called Cradle of Love. Had to go find it on Youtube - One of my favorite all time vids. Probably saw it on MTV 100 times.
Probably not so wild by today's standards, but it was definitely pretty hot when it first aired.
an aged, irrelevant rock band stumble and wheeze their way towards an inevitably sad end.
"Replacing The Frontman" is an autonomic spasm that results from the bands self-preservation instinct; and is often a painful symptom of this tragic disease.
"Continual Sales Decline"
Getting Dumped Changing Record Labels to keep things fresh"
and "We've decided to play small venues to reconnect with our fans"
Then there's the smell.
"Playing halftime at the Super Bowl."
Thanks, I forgot that early warning sign.
It's why yearly check-ups are so important.
I believe Gary Cherone is looking for work. He could put the final nail in the coffin of a second band.
Jesse Camp, that dude that won the first and only (that I can remember) MTV "Wanna Be a VJ?" competition. He can't be up to anything.
80 percent of Rock and Roll is by the young, for the young about BEING young. But the other 20 percent is about remembering when you were young...and that's where Aerosmith comes in.
Tyler is the only irreplacible member in Aerosmith. Does anyone even remember what anyone else in the band looks like? This would be as pathetic as STP without Scott Weiland or G&R without Axl Rose (Yes, I know about VR; they did new material and didn't call themselves G&R). I would mention the so-called "Sublime," but at least they have the excuse that their original vocalist died.
Living in Florida, we get a lot of 70's bands with one original member left who tour under the original name. I just look at them as very authentic-sounding tribute bands.
Aerosmith without Steven Tyler would be like The Rippers without Uncle Jesse...
Dale: "OK, name your favorite dinosaur?"
Brennan and Dale: "Philosoraptor."
Brennan: "Alright. If you were a chick, whose the one guy you would sleep with?" Brennan and Dale: "John Stamos."
Brennan: "Did we just become best friends?"
It's time to fade away with the boatload of cash they've made over the past few years. The video game licensing alone is more money than most of us will see over a lifetime.
Also agree with earlier posts that they haven't been good for a very long time. In the 80's and 90's they learned to put out a bunch of "formula songs" that were radio acceptable, but not actually good.