Bo Bishop and Bobby Carpenter were talking about Michigan football and the rivalry today on The Fan. I like to share any of Ohio media's pertinent thoughts as a lot of you aren't unlucky enough to live in enemy territory.
- They think that Ohio and Michigan will be the top two teams in the B1G next year. They said that there is no question that both will be elite national teams by 2013.
- Going forward, they expect the Michigan / Ohio rivalry to be important nationally, and much more fun to watch. Outside of 2006, they said things have been pretty dull lately. They expect both teams to be in the upper echelon (my word, not theirs, insert Ohio joke) of the FBS for at least 6-7 years.
- Bo said that Brady reminds him of a cross between Bo Schembechler and Tommy Boy. I laughed at that, as anybody with a sense of humor just did as they read it. I'd like to think that's the reason he's so well liked, but I do picture him putting on a slot receivers jacket and spinning around.
- They emphasized our 2013 recruiting and said they didn't know how Hoke would work out when he was hired, but now they're starting to think it was a perfect match. They were effusive with their praise for Hoke.
- They pointed to Urban Meyer's record against rivals while at Florida as a reason they think that they (OSU) hold an edge right now. What they failed to mention was his record against Michigan to date, or the fact that Mattison was his biggest hoss while at Florida. Can't blame them for not wanting to bring any of that up though...