Title says it all.
The Big Ten office released its Big Ten Men’s Basketball Players of the Week on Monday morning. Michigan’s Nik Stauskas claimed Player of the Week and Illinois’ Kendrick Nunn took home Freshman of the Week. See what they did to earn the distinctions in this post.
Player of the Week: Nik Stauskas, Michigan, G, So.
- Poured in a game-high 25 points, handed out five assists and pulled down three rebounds in the win over Michigan State, leading Michigan to sole possession of first place in the Big Ten standings
- Converted 9-of-13 field goals (.692), including a 3-of-5 effort from three-point range
- Scored 21 points in the second half on a 7-of-10 effort from the field, including three triples
- Currently ranks fifth in the Big Ten in scoring at 17.0 points per game and is fourth with a .446 three-point field goal percentage
- Has scored 20 or more points 10 times this season, which is tied for the most in the Big Ten
- Earns his third career Big Ten Player of the Week honor and third this season
- Last Michigan Player of the Week: Nik Stauskas (Jan. 27, 2014)