What a day January 18, 2014 was for Michigan athletics.
Let's recap the day:
- Men's Basketball wins a road game against a top-5 for the first time in 50 years. Oh yeah, it is also the highest ranked team Michigan has beaten on the road EVER.
- Women's Basketball wins again, staying in 2nd place in the B1G by pounding illinois at Crisler earlier at Noon, 69-60. Score did not reflect the game at all.
- Men's Tennis opened the season with two strong victories over WMU and Toledo by scores of 5-2 and 6-1 respectively.
- Water Polo opened their season at 1-1 today, winning their opener over Iona 15-6 at Canham.
- The top-ranked, defending NCAA Champion Men's Gymnastics had a HUGE come-from-behind performance, leapfrogging the buckeyes and illinois for the Windy City Invitational Championship.
- The top-ranked, defending NCAA Champion Men's Swimming & Diving team won the SMU Classic in Dallas. This was the only event they didn't win last year-
- And last but not least, the Michigan Dance team (now sponsored by the athletic department apparently per WTKA podcast), has made the UDA National Championship tomorrow afternoon.