Games not tomorrow, it's tuesday.
talk to caris yo
Games not tomorrow, it's tuesday.
Right now the schedule looks daunting, but it might not turn out to be quite as tough as we think. Bama might lose a bunch to the pros, ND might not be that good, OSU might go through some growing pains in the transition, etc. I remember people saying a lot of the same things about our 1997 schedule before that year.
If we go 11-1 or maybe 10-2 we could be in the hunt. We have one of, if not the, toughest schedules next year which is a double edged sword. It will be tough to win but the tougher the schedule the more consideration you get. This is especially true if the losses are early and also our preseason rank will be extremely important (see Alabama this year). After ratings this year I think the pollsters will do everything in their power to make the MNC a real National Championship.
Next year will be extremely tough but I have faith in this team and its leaders.
Seems like the author isn't watching college football too closely. If he was, he would realize that the loss of Martin and RVB will significantly impact us on defense, and that we will not simply drop two equally talented people into the holes left by Molk (one of the top centers) and Huyge. In addition, he would know that the schedule this year could not really have been more favorable (relatively easy schedule for six games while Hoke, et al got things up and running, eight home games, road games at Northwestern and Illinois in the middle of their plummet, catching Ohio in a down year, etc.), and that next year's schedule is pretty darn tough. Not to mention his theory requires that there be no other major-conference unbeaten team.
I would be thrilled to be 10-2 next year, and playing for a chance at a the Big Ten title.
I think that we should expect to win the Big Ten Title next year. Who would you pick over Michigan?
The guys at CFN tend to be pretty superficial in their knowledge and analysis, but all-in-all picking UM to make the MNC title game is not that far-fetched.
The way I look at these things, making a national title game requires not just a very good team, but also a good deal of luck--you have to avoid injuries to key personnel and unless you are a truly dominant team (like LSU this year, for instance), usually you need a few high-variance events to go your way. I don't expect Michigan to win the national championship in any given year due to the latter factor, but if you regularly field a team capable of competing with any opponent then presumably, over time, you will eventually have that dream season.
Michigan could conceivably have a good enough team to compete at the national level in 2012. We should have about as good an offense in 2012 as we've had in a long time, and while everyone is concerned about the defensive line, that could turn out to be an illusory worry if BWC & Q. Washington get it together.
I think the CFN guy is underestimating the difficulty of the schedule and the power of psychology.
1) The ND game is going to be very, very tough for us to win next year. Those domers are going to be as purple-ragey as their coach after what we've done to them the last three years.
2) Alabama in the south to start the year is also going to be very, very tough for us to win next year.
3) OSU in C-bus is going to be tough. I don't think it matters so much that it's their de facto bowl game because there's really no way they could be any more hyped for it without taking Pulp Fiction adrenaline-to-the-heart shots at Bobby Di Geronimo's house from Tressel's own hand an hour before kickoff.
4) Nebraska in Lincoln is going to be very tough.
5) Michigan State at home is going to be very tough. They're very good and we are the focus of their season.
Air Force in a possible let-down/deflated week after Alabama is not a gimme. For whatever reason, Iowa always plays us tough.
Say our chances in the ND, OSU, Nebraska game are 50-50. Then there's a 12.5% chance we win all three.
With that schedule, I'll be happy with another 10-2 season. I think 9-3 is significantly more probable than 11-1. But I hope that I'm wrong!
1) ND continues to find a way to lose to us, no matter how purple ragey they and their coach get. Turnover machine that is their offense loses its big top receiver.....We will see, maybe the Notre Dame hating angry turnover God will continue to strike them against the now blessed Wolverines!
2) Alabama in Texas to start season? People in Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma hate Alabama, so we might well find the crowd a lot more in our favor even if we are a B1G Yankee team.
3) OSU is very hard to project for 2012 given all the changes. They are always tough in Columbus, but we have been pretty successful against them with SENIOR QB's not named Henne.......
4) Michigan is used to playing as the big game on lots of team's schedules (read: MSU, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, MSU, Ohio Akron Bobcats, etc) and Nebraska is just getting used to playing in a conference where everyone gets after you every week (except for Indiana). Nebraska will need a couple more years to get used to B1G play.
5) MSU game for 2012 is going to be a win, with Denard refusing to lose. Instead of Henri, the Otter of Ennui, we will see Oscar, the river otter of fun and frolick!
Personally, I'm calling a USC/LSU national title, I don't think Michigan is there yet.
Fiutak makes does his pre season analysis by using the random name generator in the NCAA games and pretending those people are on rosters.
That all sounds about right. And I like it.
I couldn't think of a worse time for the world to end then in anticipation of a Michigan MNC game. Curse you Mayans!!
do lose Junior,Kevin,David,Mark,Ryan,Mike,and Troy,but the seniors will lead this team.I have faith in are 3 D-line coaches.William Campbell will have a BREAK-OUT season.I think our O-line will be beast,Chris Bryant is getting better and our ALL STAR O-line is coming.We need Darryl Stonum to step up big time.I think SHOELACE will have his best season running and passing. Our schedule is tough but we only have one tough road game.Have faith people Michigan is back and Tuesday will only be the start of a THE SEASON.GO BLUE!!!
schedule next year, so we'll see .. That would be fucking awesome though ....