I know we're living in the land of "OT" threads, but I wanted to discuss some Michigan football.
I've had a few random discussions and want to bring these hypothetical situations to the board! The place where first class Michigan knowledge is spewed without regard for human life...the place I call home.
With that said here are 5 hypotheticals, discuss!
1. Assuming Michigan has it's spot LOCKED up in the B1G Championship game...do you risk injury vs. Ohio in the last game of the regular season when they are treating it like a bowl game and you're already set to play the next weekend in Indianapolis. Note: No national championship is on the line, so a loss doesn't hurt you. The winner of the B1G Championship Game is headed to the Rose, the loser likely headed to the Capital One.
2. Devin Gardner plays WR this year and has a solid year, not great/spactacular, but solid. Morris and Bellomy have shown they're no better than Gardner at QB...do you keep Devin at WR where 's made an impact on set for a big 2013? Or do you put him back at QB to compete with the other two guys for the starting nod?
3. It's midway through the year and Joe Bolden pulled dead even with Kenny Demens for the #1 spot at MLB. Do you play the senior with experience? Do you play the freshman to get him experience (knowing he's on par with Demens now, but it'll improve/help in down the road)?
4. Michigan is up BIG vs. Air Force...it's now the 4th quarter. Denard is headed to the bench. Do you play Devin, to get him game reps at QB for this season and potentially next season. Do you get Devin more reps at WR and get Bellomy game experience?
5. Hypothetically speaking, for the program, nationally, would it mean more to beat Alabama and Notre Dame and lose to MSU and OSU. Or beat Sparty and the Buckeyes and lose to the non-conferences foes.