but to be fair that's mostly because you're an idiot
Michigan in the bowl projections
There's only a greater than zero chance we end up in the Outback. With the Big Ten having the looser standings and ability to negotiate and flip to keep teams out of the same bowl they're probably not sending us back to the Outback again.
we're not getting two BCS teams unless Ohio goes to the NCG, imo. I think the Cap One would select 10-2 Wisconsin over 11-2 State. If we're 9-3, there is a slight chance that the Outback would go for us over State, but it's still unlikely.
I find the Gator to be a far more likely destination than the BWW Bowl, though. Which kinda sucks in terms of location but is better because:
1. We should have a better chance against the SEC #6.
2. The Gator, being a traditional NYD bowl with a real name, comes with more "prestige".
Even if we split the next 4, I can't see us falling below the Gator
at the current time is your pick of
Texas A&M, Louisiana State or South Carolina
I've watched all 3 multiple times and want no part of any of them.
none of those teams will be available for the sixth bowl selection, they all have big fanbases. We'd end up playing like Vandy or Ole Miss.
In order to get to Ole Miss or Vandy 7 teams have to go in 6 bowl slots if the SEC gets 2 BCS bids. You are not getting Ole Miss or Vandy
be looking any further than Detroit for our bowl destination. At least its a dome.
Now you're just trolling.
Body of work
nearly lost to Akron and UConn
lost to a Penn State team with deep scholarship problems
manhandled by Michigan State
wins Central Michigan, Notre Dame, Minnesota and Indiana
This resume deserves nothing but Detroit.
I love Detroit.
That would be a 20-minute drive from my house, no freakin' way I would ever be that lucky. Srsly.
Does anyone think this team deserves to go to a bowl game only to get ripped. I want things fixed before they get embarrassed again on national TV. I could care less about bowls. Coaching, offensive line, WR's, defense all need to look in the mirror and start doing their jobs before we start looking at bowls. It going to look real sweet going to a bowl after we get smoked by Ohio State 61-10. This team is in real trouble.
You think we are going to score 10 on OSU? And I thought I was a homer.
God I hope we do not end up playing Texas in a bowl.
A) They look like they're improving.
B) I don't know if this board could handle losing to a defense coached by GERG. The only thing that could be worse is if we somehow ended up in a bowl vs. Arizona and lost that. I think some people on here would commit ritual suicide if we lost to RichRod.
This board can't handle any loss. It's largely a weak minded bunch.
What do you expect? Being a 26 year season ticket holder gives me the right to expect a better performance. It's not the loss it's the way they are playing. And they are playing horrible. This might have been the worst rushing performance in Michigan history. Can you blame anyone for not liking it?
We had a lot of them under Carr and it is much better than the 3-9 and 7-5 RR provided us with. I don't think we are going to be an elite team until we get an elite coach. I think we should just enjoy what we have and hope it gets better with time. Going into the same division with Urban, I doubt we win the B1G for quite sometime. So, enjoy what you have.
- Michigan finishes 6-6 (2-6 in B1G) on a five-game losing streak, goes to the Texas Bowl in Houston’s Reliant Stadium on December 27 against the sixth pick from the Big 12 and wins in an upset on a last-second Brendan Gibbons field goal. In the post-game press conference, Brady Hoke will say that he's proud of the way the team responded to adversity.*
- Ohio State finishes undefeated, wins the Big Ten Championship and goes to the Rose Bowl on January 1 against the Pac 12 champion.
- Nebraska upsets Michigan State, finishes 10-2 (7-1 in B1G) to win the Legends Division, loses to Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship game and goes to the Capital One Bowl on January 1 against the SEC’s second pick.
- Wisconsin finishes 10-2 (7-1 in B1G) and goes to the Orange Bowl on January 3 against a BCS team.
- Michigan State finishes 10-2 (6-2 in B1G) and goes to the Outback Bowl on January 1 against the SEC’s third pick.
- Minnesota finishes 8-4 (4-4 in B1G) and goes to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl on December 28 against the Big 12's fourth pick.
- Iowa finishes 7-5 (4-4 in B1G) and goes to the Gator Bowl on January 1 against the SEC’s sixh pick.*
- Northwestern finishes 6-6 (2-6 in B1G) and goes to the Heart of Dallas Bowl on January 1 against a Conference USA team.*
- The Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl on December 26 will be left with no B1G representative.
* There's a chance that the Gator Bowl would cause controversy by picking 6-6 Michigan over 7-5 Iowa, despite Iowa having beaten Michigan and finished with a better record. The Texas Bowl probably would select 6-6 Michigan over 6-6 Northwestern, despite Northwestern having beaten Michigan, because Michigan might bring more fans to the game.
Michigan's best chance for a bowl win this season would be in the Texas Bowl or the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
6-6? You're damn right those projections will go wrong
Is our fan base the only one that is obnoxiously self-loathing and pathetic after a loss?