Today Michigan dropped a 13-6 game at western. Michigan's record is now 21-32 overall, and they are 7-14 in the B1G. Michigan will face nebraska this weekend for the first time ever not at a neutral site. Be sure to come and watch the boys if you're in the A2 area, as it will be their last games of the season.
They will not qualify for the B1G Tournament for the second straight year (top 6 teams get in).
Coach Rich Maloney most certainly is on the hot seat. His contract expires after this season. What would your decision be if you were Dave Brandon?
- 339-238 record at Michigan. Began coaching in 2003.
- 3 Big Ten Championships (2006, 2007, 2008)
- 2 Big Ten Tournament Championships (2006, 2008)
- 4th all-time in wins at Michigan
- 4 NCAA Tournament Appearances
- 1 NCAA Regional Championship (2008)
Here are the cons
- 69 losses in two seasons
- Last place finish in the B1G in 2011 and currently at 10th place in the conference
- Missing the B1G Tournament for two straight years
- Last NCAA Tournament appearance was 2008
- Swept by eastern this season in blowout games