It was the, uh, killing Michigan every year. And then killing Notre Dame. Not so much the Florida thing. Henne might have "deserved" it, but Troy Smith deserved it, too. He was a fantastic player.
....but I just felt I couldnt get clean in the shower the next day.
So never again.
And root for them unless they're playing UM.
I sometimes get existentially depressed at games about being a Mich fan because it seems like the "ill-informed fairweather bitching" fan group outnumbers the diehards.
I once wore a green shirt specifically to support MSU.
I was alone in my apartment, and it was for the national championship game against Duke.
I was 6 and had no idea what the hell it meant, but I wore it a lot.
It has since been burned.
I am a transfer student at UM.
Watching random WolverineHistorian vids is one of my favorite pastimes.
...I got a UIP for pissing on Bluefront's dumpsters after the Eastern game.
I won a putt-putt tournament when I was like seven and the prize for first was tickets to Cedar Point and the prize for second was a Backstreet Boys CD....::sigh: Part of me wished I had gotten second....
*Puts hands in face and sobs*
And thus did not earn my patch:
In my defense, my 60-year-old father didn't have a jacket and probably would have caught pneumonia if the offense didn't give him a heart attack first.
please forgive me...
i watch general hospital, brothers & sisters, greys, and private practice with my wife, she thinks its because i want to spend time with her... its because i like them and i do ask questions when i'm confused about whats going especially with GH...
there is a picture of me wearing a MSU hat.. i bought it when i went to basketball camp there...
i rooted for OSU during the cooper years... i loved how he would run up the score on anyone and i wished michigan would do the same...
when i was 6 i got mad at my dad because all we did was go to michigan games when i would come to visit him...
all of my doctors are MSU alums...
i rooted for OSU when the played ND in the fiesta bowl, when they played texas both times and against "that" miami in the MNC game...
if michigan doesn't make the ncaa's i root for duke...
1. I'm a girl and I would rather sit and watch 12 hours of football and hang out with guys everyday instead of go shopping, get pedicures, or read Cosmo because my girl friends don't know or care about sports.
2. One of my students last year was an OSU fan and wore his OSU sweatshirt weekly to class. Everyday he wore it, I kept him outside the classroom the entire period until he agreed to take it off. I even locked the door so he couldn't come in.
3. I cried after we lost to MSU this year because my boyfriend goes there and I talked so much shit before the game.
4. I got live updates on my cell-phone during said MSU game this year during a Catholic wedding ceremony for one of my best friends. I sat in the pew behind the bridesmaids.
5. My aunt went to Notre Dame and it was the first school I ever visited. Notre Dame gear was the first college apparel I ever owned. I was upset that I didn't have the grades to go to college there (but I went to U of M instead).
6. I hate everything U of Florida, but I think that Tim Tebow is quite possibly one of the sexiest men to ever walk the Earth.
7. I've been a Lions fan for 20 years even though they never cease to disappoint me.
8. I love the Yankees.
9. LaMarr Woodley asked me out and I said "no".
I don't even know you, and I'm feeling a huge sense of regret for you for passing up a date with LaMarr Woodley. One of those woulda-coulda-shoulda moments.
I've had that same sense of regret--especially since he went to the Super Bowl. Damnit.
came when I was "DreamBeaver" when I wrote..
Oooh DreamBeaver, I believe we can beat Penn State at night.
I was crushed when he decommitted.
1.) After the Oregon 07 game, I felt that Lloyd should have resigned because at the point, it looked like the season was going to spiral out of control and I did not want to see him get fired.
2.) I bawled like a baby when Chris Webber called the time out. I was 13 then, cut me some slack.
2b.) I still hold some reverance for Chris Webber. I remember watching some Country Day games as a kid and being awestruck.
3.) Whenever I hear Nu Shooz's "I Can't Wait" on the radio, I crank the radio up and sing along. The sight of a 6'5 230 lb black guy trying to hit those high notes with Valerie Day is a sight to behold.
4.) I took one for the team. And enjoyed it. And even went back for round 2 the following weekend.
- I married a Sparty
- I wanted Lloyd fired after App State
- I loved watching the team carry said coach off the field after the Cap One bowl
- I check this blog too much at home and at work
I onced punched a dolphin right in the grille.
But only because Rosenberg double-dog dared me to.
- I thought that Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate and Michael Floyd were the best trio in college football last year.
- I left the MSU game early last year because I was in fear for my life.
- I have respect for Jim Tressel but I adamantly despise Danny Hope.
- I think that Matt Millen is one of the best college football announcers in the business.
- I once despised Rich Rodriguez. However, I am now one of his strongest supporters.
I wanted to leave the MSU game early last year, but my 3 friends wouldn't let that happen. In retrospect, I'm happy as hell that I stayed because even though we lost in OT, Foricer's last drive in regulation was epic and it was one of the best moments of the year. My only regret is that I didn't leave an upper decker at one of the student houses we partied at before the game. Most people were nice, but the d bags would have made it deserved.
I don't understand about 80% of what Misopogon says.
I don't mind ND at all really. I just hate OSU and can't stand with a burning passion MSU.
...I type with a strong accent.
I turned the 97 iowa game off like a biggity bitch
the Code Red.
I still love my little brother.
I really (really) like this girl who is an MSU grad and a Spartan fanatic.
- I almost left my fiance (and current wife) for a Sparty fanatic, tattoo and taboo piercing clad, motorcycle loving, bad girl while I was at UM for grad school. Basically she was the exact opposite of me.
- I have a huge dilemma with having always liked OSU (long story, stepdad played for Miami of Ohio, Gary Moeller, Woody Hayes, etc), though recently, I just can't stand rooting for them.
- I attended MSU for 2 horrible years (but at least I donned my UM gear, flags, etc proudly).
- My biggest pet peeve is friends/family members that give me crap whenever Michigan loses at something and they couldn't care less about it except to take a jab at me. Flippin' peeves me like no other, but I bottle it up and try to act like I don't care.
- I have been reading this blog for years and finally made an account on here purely to post on this thread.
Is your wife a Wolverine?
But not really. She didn't attend UofM, she doesn't really care about the sports or support the U in any way, but she still claims to be a fan.
Does it really make a difference? This is for confessions and I thought better of it and married the woman I love, not the thrill.
I've been reading MGoBlog for two years. My confession is that I signed up recently just so I could reply to the Brian's comments on Lloyd episode. I'm glad I changed my mind about that.
i love everything about the way Ohio State builds their football teams. their coaches are sound.
-great special teams
-conservative but strong offenses
i feel sick now
-I sometimes prefer to watch Michigan on TV rather than in person
-I turned off the comeback against Minnesota and went to sleep
-App. St. Made me cry
-Tailgating is way overrated
-I hate the spread
-Notre Dame is my second favorite team
-I rooted for Canada in the past Olympics
-When WVU lost to Pitt ending their undefeated season and they showed RR on the sideline, I said that RR was a loser
-I like the Yankees, mostly because of Jeter
-I'm scared about this upcoming season
-I do not like "The Godfather"
I have a huge e-crush on the regular female posters that frequent the site. I am spoken for, but if the oppurtunity ever "arose...."....
I enjoyed watching James Laurinitis (except against us) and I didn't hate him.
Also, I really enjoy the bass lines in Duran Duran songs.
I have swam in all 5 great lakes, including Lake Erie (dirty enough secret?)
but only if his wedding present is enough MGoPoints to pass/stay ahead of Magnus til the UCONN game.
It think the year was 1996; Michigan lost to Boston University in the Frozen Four. My roommate was wearing a BU shirt around earlier in the day because his sister went there and as he didn't follow hockey he really didn't know any better. He wound up taking the shirt off after being informed of the game. So anyway, after the game, I was so pissed-off about the loss that I snuck into his closet and stole the shirt with very bad intentions. I rounded up some buddies; we took the shirt outside, put it on the ground, stood in a circle around it, and soaked the thing in piss (one dude also shat on it, but it was a pretty weak effort as far as dumps go). My roommate was pretty upset when he found the shirt the next morning, all whining about it being a gift and whatnot, but I have never felt any remorse. This was a good 12 or 13 years ago so I am sure he's gotten over it by now.
-I root for an SEC team (Auburn) when Michigan isn't playing. I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in the Tigers as I am in Michigan, obviously (been a Michigan fan my whole life), but still...SEC team.
-I actually don't mind Tim Tebow. In fact, I think he's an okay guy.
-I left the 2008 OSU game early (about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter or so). Now, I know we had no chance to come back, but I have always made it a point to never leave a game early like many of my fellow UofM students are willing to do at the slightest sign of adversity. All my friends wanted to leave and I was the only one that wanted to stay...didn't want to be the lone Michigan fan in a sea of red, so I went with them. I know, shameful.
-I chased a few PSU fans a good distance down by the Cottage Inn on Packard after they stole the PSU flag that we stole from Happy Valley after the '08 game. It was surreal...also, stupid.
-I went to Purdue (always cheered for UM when they came to town for basketball or football)for and year and then a service academy, am now finally a true wolverine after military service. As much as I love my service academy, I am a Mich football fan through and through.
-Didn't attend a game at the big house until I was in my 30's, last season, and kinda went nuts going to 5 games.
-I could easily go into hermit mode and watch Michigan games by myself on tv so I can study plays/blocks and not be distracted by people who don't care about the plays unless a touchdown is scored. I guess like they say about alcoholics, you have a problem if you do it by yourself and not in social situations for fun.
While watching a show about apes, one of the female apes unintentionally exposed her vagina, and I remember thinking....I'd hit it.
(sorry for the subject, the song popped up on my computer today and it is unfortunately catchy)
1. I hired an intern from Michigan State.
2. I applied to Penn State and almost went there when I was waitlisted at U of M. I root for them when they are not playing Michigan.
3. I still read deadspin, even though everytime they discuss M I have to take deep breaths and take a walk around the office so that the blood vessels in my head (yeah, high school anatomy was several years ago) don't rupture.
4. I'm addicted to parentheses, and I took out 4 parenthetical comments from the above. I like to think this means I'm good at self-editing, but that is clearly a lie.
that I piloted the Exxon Valdez before changing careers and inventing credit default swaps.
And, oh yes, I am still a Free Press subscriber.
And, finally, I confess that I am very afraid about the impending precipitous drop in my MGoPoints.