Given that tomorrow is National Signing Day, this seems to be a good time to remind everyone of a couple of basic rules.
- Do not call high school kids bad names;
- Do not unreasonably insult high schoolers. "Player X is too small to be a left tackle" is fine. "Player X is too dumb to be a left tackle" is not;
- Do not accuse high school kids of impropriety, at least without firm foundation (EXCEPTION: If Ole Miss or Clemson is involved, it probably happened (but not really (but yeah really)));
Violators will lose points. Repeat violaters will be banhammered. Further violators will be set upon by wild boars. A couple of additional non-MGoBlog-related reminders:
- Do not tweet bad things to high schoolers;
- Do not tweet good things to high schoolers;
- Do not tweet neutral things to high schoolers;
- Do not G-chat, Facebook, Instagram, telegram, MySpace, carrier pigeon, or smoke signal recruits; and
- Do try to act like a human being vis-a-vis recruits.
It remains an NCAA violation for a booster (that's probably you) to contact a recruit until he enrolls; the NLI is NOT the green light to send your encouragements/complaints. It also remains creepy.