In April, MGoUser LB alerted us to the upcoming publication of longtime Michigan Football Equipment Manager Jon Falk's, If These Walls Could Talk.
It's now been published and should be available in local bookstores. Here's the Amazon link where it's selling for $15.61.
Falk was hired as the team’s equipment manager by Bo Schembechler in 1974 and has been one of the most trusted members of the staff for the past four decades. In his new book If These Walls Could Talk: Michigan Football Stories From Inside the Big House, written with Dan Ewald (foreword by Tom Brady), Falk shares countless stories from an insider’s perspective including:
- Bo Schembechler’s epic gridiron chess matches with Ohio State’s Woody Hayes
- Why a Michigan place-kicker was falsely accused of robbing a bank
- What lesson Tom Brady took from Falk and still uses today
- Why Falk took the shirt off of the back of a freshman during a game
- The day Falk introduced freshman phenom Anthony Carter to All-American Ron Kramer