Granted it's talk radio so the boob % is exceptionally high, but UM fan's refuse to give MSU any credit for their win at OSU. Our defense is not good, OSU's offense is just awful and every other Big Ten team will shut them out too.
Conversely, UM still stinks according to MSU fans.
As with most things in life, the truth is somwhere in the middle, but after five weeks of football, I feel confident stating:
1. MSU has a good defense. Are they world beaters like LSU? Probably not, but I think they will be in the top 3 of Big Ten defenses this year.
2. Michigan's Defense has improved. I still expect them to give up some points to B1G Ten teams not named Minnesota, but their defense has made SIGNIFICANT strides from last year.
3. Denard is still electric. The key to UM's B1G Ten season will be whether he can avoid costly interceptions in the passing game that plagued him last year and make enough passing plays to keep defenses honest.
4. MSU's offense will be fine, but not great. I'm going out on a limb here and I don't expect a ton of agreement, but the OLine actually showed a pulse against the Buckeyes and while it will not be a plus line this year, I think it will be competent. MSU actually had 9 drives in OSU territory only to come away with 10 points. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but we moved the ball well on the road against what is still a good OSU defense. If the defense really is very good, then MSU's offense doesn't have to be great to compete for the Legends Division.
Which leads me tooo.......
5. The Legends division really is up in the air. Wiscy seems to have a stranglehold on the Leaders, but I can see Nebraska, Michigan, MSU and even Iowa all competing for title. Northwestern really hurt their chances of being a dark horse contender by blowing that lead against Illinois.
I still expect MSU to retain the Paul Bunyan Trophy game this year, but if they do, it doesn't mean that Michigan stinks. Conversely, if Michigan beats us (which is entirely possible), I will tip my cap.
I love the B1G Ten Season because the truth is in the pudding and we will all know in the next 9 weeks.