Football Display Case
I don't think they changed Les at all actually
national champs baby
Patrick Hruby is doing God's work.
first comment: "EVERY ATHLETE HAS ASPIRATIONS OF WINNING AND WE HAVE OUR FAVORITES BUT IT IS ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO OTHER STUDENTS ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS, TOO!"
stupid Pistons and their refusal to tank properly
rundown of Michigan's riser
needs moar usage
so much for that
This list is completely arbitrary and not a genuine analysis of the relative merits of state fossils.
will be michigan's highest pick in a while
money has to go somewhere
I am only motivated by people who have no opinion about me.
the just released schedules were a flat-out statement that the B10 doesn't believe SOS will matter in playoff selection
but I thought that draft was supposed to be incredibly loaded?
Once a thorough investigation of the football program is completed and if there is nothing found, will there be any punishment/ramifications for Rosenberg or his editor? If so, what might those be?
They'll get the chance to do it again in 3 weeks with yet another ridiculous claim.
They generated serious buzz, free publicity, and web hits for the FreeP.
Mission accomplished as far as the Freep is concerned.
They let this thing go to press, so do you honestly think they give a damn about something like journalistic integrity? They wouldn't let something like that get in the way of increasing their bottom line.
Especially with newspaper sales hurting as they are. I would imagine sensationalizing anything they can would be standard protocol. Hell news in general has turned to this for cheap hits. I imagine they'll just rinse and repeat.
if the stories come out completely untrue, which is a distinct possibility, Rosenberg's editor may get the axe.
I think there is too much wiggle room for Rosenberg's claims to be found completely true or false. I will be surprised if much of anything comes out of this farce. RR too smart not to document his voluntary/mandatory workouts and the cynics will continue to be cynical
There is no way to disprove the accusations, because they are too "gray." AFAIC, the only way Rosenpuke will ever pay for this is if someone uncovers an email in which he says he's going to "get Michigan."
I hope UM takes his credentials away permanently and bans him from university property, though. It would be nice to see a Rosenberg mug shot for "criminal trespassing."
What does AFAIC mean? I'm familiar with AFAIK, but not C.
Wasting away in Ohio, a Wolverine in a sea of red and grey
"As Far As I'm Concerned" would be my interpretation.
Thanks. I was having trouble coming up with the appropriate word for the acronym.
Is it an acronym if the abbreviation isn't pronounced as another word, like D.A.R.E.?
I was actually wondering about that. It may well just be an abbreviation instead. I wasn't exactly positive and could find nothing definitive.....
Also... do people say it as if it is a word? I occasionally think of it as a word rather than a collection of letters....
You're thinking of Aflac.
Can someone please post photos of Rosenberg and Snyder?
The problem with just printing anything is they lose journalistic credibility and fewer and fewer people will take them seriously leading to lower sales/clicks. I understand they want to sell papers, but this could be short-term gain for long-term pain.
If that were true, the Enquirer would have gone out of business a long time ago.
I personally will *never* click on them again. My guess is many others here never will either. But we are a minority. People are not rational creatures. Most would rather read a sensationalized story than the boring truth if they had to choose between the two.
You'll hear nothing. And that's what really pisses me off.
It's no good for a man to work in cages.
Hits the town, he drinks his wages.
Well we can always conduct a Kangaroo Court here and decide if Rosenberg committed Voluntary or Involuntary Coach-slaughter
It was voluntary, but it was involuntary.
The intent and policy behind the creation of the NCAA rules is undoubtedly protection of the student athlete from exploitation. It would seem that the highest grade point in MIchigan history should go a long way in counteracting those allegations.
As far as "voluntary" practices and placing value on the efforts of those who have decided it was in their best interest to do more than expected, THAT, my friends is the AMERICAN WAY....
2-hour workouts with Barwis?
Even if the allegations are true, the Free Press did a horrible job of journalism as is the trend.
- Snyder didn't know that some hours could be exempt based on activity and or voluntary status -- How can any responsible editor allow an article of this magnitude to be run without trying to understand the rules at the heart of the case? Isn't that MALPRACTICE for an editor?
- A man publicly on record (over the radio) as being against Rodriguez gets to do the investigation
- The Free Press prints the article without asking Clemons questions to ascertain what hours were spent on items that counted/didn't count towards the NCAA time limits
- The Free Press misleads Freshman to get sensational quotes to be used out of context
- Rosenberg can't remember how many players he interviewed were still on the team and would not estimate the number...which implies the only players still on the team were the 2 players he lied to, in order to get out of context quotes
- His sample size is not impressive. He interviewed 10 of what he said were 120 players and got 6 to say there were abnormalities, which he includes the 2 freshman he deceived in that 6 - the rest apparently are disgruntled transfers.
- He mention the NCAA report from LAST YEAR, where they interviewed football players at over 600 colleges and the average player claimed they worked more (44.8 hours a week) than what he is accusing Rod of doing. This would add balance at least.
They will run a story about how RR ran the score up on WMU.
they do. Most of us wouldn't know or care if they did, but giving the Broncs a world-class beat down would be cathartic.
Biz hundert azoi ve tsvantsik
Caged death match with barwis...
Reality is an illusion created by an unsafe drop in blood alcohol levels that exposes one to the idiocy of others.
They'll find something wrong with the investigation and accuse RR/Martin of stonewalling the NCAA.
I can see it now. The allegations are proven false; Rosenberg looks like an ass; and what will the Free Press run:
Michigan players lie to the media!!!!