So, the football roster changes all the time. We have already seen attrition, which can be categorized in at least six ways:
- Academic (Tate Forcier?)
- Health related (edit: had Terrence Robinson, wrong name)
- Fit with coaches, scheme, dealing with coaching change (Je'Ron Stokes?)
- PT, or probably lack thereof (Posada?)
- Behavioral (Kellen Jones?)
- Unrenewed 5th year.
Now we see Chris Barnett leaving, seemingly for reason 3 (lack of fit with coaches.)
That means attrition of 3 in the last few days, in Stokes, Posada, and now Barnett. There was also the non-enrollment of Kellen Jones, and a couple others gone for health related reasons, reported at the beginning of Fall practice.
I have two questions:
- Do insiders know if more attrition is expected this year? (no names, position groups, or other hints needed or wanted.)
- If one of you has access to the numbers, I'd like a sense of the running average for attrition over the last 10 years.
Some have suggested that all the recent attrition is pretty normal, and I can buy that. But I'd like to see the numbers. I'm wondering at what point there should be "concern" over the current level of attrition.