• Television monitors will be allowed in the press box coaches' booths beginning in 2011. The home team has responsibility for insuring that coaches' booths for both teams have identical television capability.
• Requiring players who wear "eye black" to use solid black with no words, logos, numbers or other symbols. That will be effective next season.
• Ending the requirement that players' pants always cover the knees.
• Eliminating the intentional "wedge" on kickoffs and punts, a rule the NFL adopted last season.
• Recommending conferences that do not have a pregame warm-up policy use a 10-yard, no-player zone between the 45-yard lines beginning 60 minutes before kickoff.
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription