Can anyone find anything other than the audio online for tonight's game? I've been at it for awhile without any luck.
Mike Lantry, 1972
Not sure on the stream, but FSU's live stats are here: http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0910/livebox/mmicfsua.j23
We're already down 1-0 thanks to a SH goal, but it's very early. I hope we can keep up some of that momentum we've built the last couple weeks.
Looks like you have to pay and you can only use it with IE. Not sure if it is worth it or any good, but here you have it.
...doing the audio on this feed? I think he might be a Ferris student or something. He said at the end of the 2nd that this was one of the greatest division 1 hockey games ever. I had to switch to the Michigan audio feed, even though its like 6 seconds behind the video.
Did you pay the $7.00 to view it?
avatar = win
...has to be answered with another question?
What would make you say that?
I was just wondering if the shitty announcer was for the paid video. If so, I will know not to pay for the feed in the future. I'm not aware of the game you are referring to.
For every time Chad Langlais does something awesome in a game (the slapshot against Alaska) he makes 20 ridiculous mistakes spread through the next 4 games. Note that he's the only -2 player on the team with 10 mins left... seriously. Llewellyn is far better. Langlais dicks around with the puck, makes bad passes, and plays bad defense. He takes one good shot a month, approximately. Llewellyn may have more PIMs but at least he knows how to play good defense.
I have no video and I'm listening to the Michigan radio broadcast.
Can somebody with video confirm that we're getting ripped off as badly as it sounds like we are tonight?
Edit: Another man in the crease? Sounds at the very least like the illegitimacy of Ferris's second goal is correct.
From what I can see of the livestats, looks like we're getting one more power play with about 2:38 to go, so at least that gives us a shot, not that the PP has helped us tonight.... Still, we came back against UAF last week, so maybe we'll get to OT at least.
EDIT: And they did. So...maybe 10 supermodels carrying bags of money will ring my doorbell in the next two minutes...
EDIT EDIT: Well shit, no supermodels and a game-winning PPG goal for Ferris, that blows.
Again, if someone with video can confirm this, that sounds like a garbage call that is now going to cost us the game.
Why do the refs hate us so much?
apparently because we're MICHIGAN
The guy wasn't even in the crease, so I don't know what the fuss is about. Hogan had his stick knocked out of his hands, but I don't even know if the Ferris player was the reason for that. Seems like complaining over nothing to me.
I don't know what to say about this game. We seemed sort of snakebitten all night, but somehow managed to tie it up late, only to...alas...
Even when things aren't going right, they're fighting and finding ways to stay in the game.
Bad News: They still manage to lose/tie games they really need to win.
I still like their chances of making the tournament, but I think they're going to need at least a split against State, taking care of business against Bowling Green, UNO and Northern and then at least splitting with ND. They also MUST beat (or at worst tie) Wisconsin. That's critical to maintaining our PWR (what NCAA uses to decide tournament teams, http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwr.php has a little more info, if you're curious). I think 7-2-2ish (.72 winning percentage, 6 pretty easy games, 3 home, 3 away, 5 more difficult games 1 at home, 3 away and 1 neutral site) over their last 11 regular season games is doable and should get them in with a sweep in the first round of the CCHA tournament and taking at least 1/3 in the second round (assuming we don't get the bye). In conference, we average 3.12 goals for, and 2.23 goals against per game and have a +12 goal differential. We also have only lost one game all season by more than 2 goals, in case anybody was curious.
and got to watch the whole game tonight. Michigan did not play badly tonight.....that said, here are some things to take from it and to compare to what you heard on the radio since I was not listening.
1. The first goal on Hogan was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, so im curious how Al Randall described it on the radio.
2. The last penalty was weak....just as week as the penalty Ferris got where Michigan scored late in the third. So its hard for me to complain about it.
3. The Second Ferris goal was not goalie interference. Hogan was playing at the very top of the crease and their player was not in it. So unless you are Thomas Holmstrom, it will not be called. The guy who scored made a sweet move and a perfect shot top corner...could be picky and say Hogan was off his angles, but I'm not going to.
4. Summers probably made the worst turnover you can ever make in a game. Threw a flat dump out or pass right up the middle, late in the game, on a penalty kill in a tied game and about 10 seconds later, FSU scored. It is an inexcusable mistake. The shot should have probably been stopped (it went five hole), but it looked like it could have been a pretty big screen in front of hogan so I'm not going to kill him over the last one.
What to take away
1. NCAA Tourny Hopes: Michigan went from being tied for 14th in the pairwise to being tied for 17th (it is updated when each result comes in). Not good, but workable if we can get a couple wins next weekend (HAVE to get at least 1), take care of business against the subpar teams left this year (BGSU, NMU, UNO) and we still have two against ND (below us in Pairwise) and the outdoor game at Wisconsin (4th in Pairwise).
2. CCHA Playoff seeding: Currently 7th, 1pt behind ND. 2pts behind Alaska*, and 4pts behind LSSU for 4th Place with 2 games in hand on each opponent. It looks like, barring a total collapse, we will host a playoff series. Getting the first round bye still seems like a solid possibility especially with two games in hand. Basically, for both the CCHA and NCAA, we just need to keep winning....easier said than done though (especially this year)
*Alaska hosts Miami tonight, that game has not ended as of me writing this post so Alaska could go ahead of LSSU. U-M will still have 2 games in hand over them after that game ends sometime tonight.
The first goal was pretty well implied as being soft as melted butter. Technically speaking they were talking about how Hogan "just barely missed it" and what not, but I could easily tell he screwed it up.
The second one I guess Hogan was pretty upset about and given al the crease violations that were going on, they were giving him the benefit of the doubt on the second goal. Sounds like it was legit though...
The primary gripe by the radio guys was all the penalties. They got pretty critical of what was described as a blatant hit from behind late in the game despite what they had been calling pretty weak roughing penalties all night. The big one though was that last penalty. He said right over the air "Good job by Steve Kampfer to make sure he doesn't take a holding penalty there" (or something close to that), and as soon as he says it, it gets called, followed immediately by a round of criticizing the far ref from calling a penalty away from the play that the near ref didn't deem worthy of a call.
I was at this game tonight. The refs were terrible. It seemed like they had no idea what was going on during the entire game. Ferris students even started a "we want shegos" chant, which i just smiled at.
The first goal they scored was absolutly terrible. It would be like if you were a first baseman and the ball was thrown to your glove side and you just totally missed it.
The last penalty the Ferris player tried to dangle through Kampfer and he just stood him up, and they called him for holding.
Their second goal, I couldn't see a huge problem with the goalie interference from my view, but about 15 seconds before the goal a UM player was tripped up. It was one of those ah we don't have to call it because it doesn't look like it will turn into a scoring chance, but it gave Ferris the puck which they had until the D-man who pinched in fired a laser in the top corner.
This would have been a nice one to at least get the tie. Hopefully we can grab a couple wins next week!
Welcome to the CCHA.