Reading thru all the venom the last 2 days I noticed a lot of guys getting mad for being labeled "haters" because they thought they had valid criticisms of the team and coaches and resented being lumped in with all the "haters". Their take was that they are true blue and that they will back most any coach as long as they win and keep it clean, but enough is enough they can't take it anymore and all of us "apologists" for Rodriguez are a bunch of losers. So here you go. Your guide to avoid being labeled a hater by the apologists and get a decent response to your post.
1. No cracks about hillbillies or race-Pretty obvious but just steer clear even if it's a joke, your thread will be hijacked into oblivion by the pc police and you will get negged into oblivion.
2. Do not use the following words or phrases, Unacceptable, We're Michigan, Stop Making Excuses- College football has changed and you have got to accept that we can't just roll out the winged helmet and get 8-9 wins and if we don't "fire them all"... Lloyd, Mo, Rich or Bo as11-1 is the basement. Freshmen are not "excuses" they are explanations. We have a lot of them they will get better, it's like a 99% chance they will get better from their freshmen year.
3. The Spread won't work in the Big Ten- Been beat to death you look like an idiot.
4. The 3-3-5 is killing us against the "Big" Teams- We've been in a 4 man line with 8 in the box a lot the last few weeks. You look like a guy that hasn't watched the games and hates RR, because you can't see.
5. Bring up his record- We all know his record stinks, but holding a loss aginst the guy when he is starting Nick Sheridan or wounded true Freshmen is pointless. Your post will devolve into a pointless back and forth, keep your post current.
6. Try the back handed compliment- Don't try and soothe the apologists with a "I used to like RR but " They will spot you a mile out.
7. Vagueness- This will kill you. This isn't Mlive. These takes won't fly......"RR is a good coach I just don't think it will work here" "Robinson is a moron" etc... People on this board are used to graphs and extensive diaries from guys who have done research. Keep your point limited and specific with at least a theory to why you think something is wrong.
8. Fire- You probably want to leave out the words "he should be fired". You may have a decent point, but you immediately look like a guy on Mlive 2 minutes after the loss just yelling and your point is glossed over. Does RR derserve criticism? Yes. Definitely yes, he's made errors. Firing him for going 5-2 with his offense just starting to take flight with frosh running around all over the place is a little premature.
I'm sure I missed a bunch so feel free to add on to the list so we can help out our fellow frustrated fans from being mislabeled and having their posts devolve into name calling.
Now about that cushion on the wr's......