I thought that myself when I read that article that talked about a Data Scientist(tm)
Has the curse been broken? Some empirical evidence
- Men's LAX wins their third national championship in a row
- Ladies golfer Ashley Bauer shoots a course record 65 on way to runner-up status at the Big Ten Championships
- Womens softball wins the Big Ten... again. A national #2 ranking and a host regional is set.
- A UM (Dearborn, OK) grad wins Miss USA
- Baseball is 1 game out of first in the Big Ten and just completed a comeback of legendary performances. A strong performance in the Big Ten Tourney and we may be looking at an NCAA birth as well.
- UM grad Mike Cammalleri single handedly eliminated evil hockey overlord Sydney Crosbey to put one of hockey's most venerated franchises on the doorstep of the Stanley Cup finals (last night's game not withstanding)
- Mens & Womens tennis get to the NCAA's and advance.
- And a man swallowing sinkhole didn't develop at the groundbreaking for the new basketball practice facility, signifying that contrary to popular, err Terry Foster's, opinion that hell will not freeze over if Michigan invests in its basketball programs.
- UPDATE: thanks to Blue in South Bend, I also forgot Mens Gymnastics (National Champs) and Womens Gymanstics (BT title, solid NCAA showing)
So it appears that angry Michigan hating BLANK god has either been on holiday, decided we're not worth it anymore and is getting ready to morph in to angry USC hating BLANK god, or maybe, just maybe....
"The Precious" has been destroyed??? Thank you Frodo Hunwick for freeing us!!
The men won a National Championship, and the women won a Big Ten title and made Nationals for like the 173rd straight year.
I won't believe anything until this fall.
...Until you called the Michigan hating BLANK god out and started taunting it with all of your statistics and fancifery...
It's going to be a long summer, I suppose...
Mr. Uppity up there has just doomed us once again.
CURSES YOU! CURSES!
with the range of athletics programs like ours has its ups and downs.
Besides the fact that this is probably the dozenth such post since basketball ended and therefore getting slightly tiresome, might I remind you how quickly things can change: you win three ACC championships in one weekend, you have four of your spring sports ranked #1 in the country, you're set for #1 seeds in just about every tournament you participate in, you have even your typically weaker sports earning their first NCAA berth ever, and then one of your lax players murders another one.
So let's enjoy what's going on and not be so silly to think it can't change. Angry Michigan BLANK Hating God predates Rich Rodriguez by a long, long, LONG time.
the stretching was just an oversight, let's call this whole thing off! Your penality is for Barwis to take a 1 week vacation somewhere tropical. (Can you take wolves on an airplane?)
Then I will believe it!
Barwis beach count?
All these incredible things that have happened are not that far outside of the norm for Michigna Athletics. Michigan's continued success in the NACDA Directors' Cup is evidence of this. At first glance, this year seems to be an improvement, but as of April 29, we are sitting at 19th (even worse, Ohio State is in second). The Lacrosse champ. won't help since it is a club sport, so we need the other spring sports (go softball team) to finish strong if we stand a chance at sniffing the top 10 (might not even be possible). So, it looks to me like the gods still be hatin'. Here's a description of what I am talking about for anyone unfamiliar with the Directors' Cup (it doesn't get talked about very often). you can also search for the official website if you so desire to see the up to date standings.
It's "Michigan BLANK hating god", not "Michigan hating BLANK god". Just sayin'. :P
(Sorry, I can't help it. I also correct my 2 year old when she says "Lookit!" with "Look at what?" It's a sickness...)
MGoDancing to second place in the Olympics?
Only a Michigan fan would try to use "empirical evidence" to try and refute a "curse"...reason #481 to love this site...
And by bringing it up, you sir have now reinstated it. Thanks
with a win on the last weekend of the football season.