I know we have quite a few ROTC alums as well School of Kinesiology students and alums on the Board. Just saw this article about the upcoming University Regents meeting in today's Michigan Daily http://www.michigandaily.com/news/regents-preview?page=0,0
Looks like North Hall, the long long time home of ROTC, is being demolished so that the University can add a huge expansion on to the Life Sciences building that has taken over the back stretch of Washtenaw across from Palmer Field/The Hill Dorms. Apparently when the new building is built, some biology programs that are holed up in the Kraus Building (the building with that small greenhouse that faces the Diag) will be moved in, ROTC will be moved to the Kinesiology building ( which is located at the corner by School of Public Health and across from Alice Lloyd dorm), and Kinesiology will be moved in to the Kraus Building.
1) Sorry to see North Hall go. I wasn't ROTC but I always liked the architecture of that building and passing by the ROTC students when they were training. Sorry to lose that to yet another glass and iron research laboratory but that stuff is what pays the bills these days.
2) Hope the freshmen in the Hill Dorms don't mind the early morning racket of the ROTC students training.
3) Other than the front of Angell Hall and the Grad Library is there anything on central campus that is still the same as it was 20 years ago?
4) Nice step up for the School of Kinesiology after being housed in the back of the CCRB and a former apartment structure for several decades. Now they're right on the Diag.
5) If Kinesiology is moving its labs out of the CCRB then does that mean the University is FINALLY going to do some expansion and upgrades to the recreational space for students to use at the CCRB?? We have the WORST student work out facilities in the nation.