AHOO AHOO AHOO
mesmerism! presidential assassinations! circuses on fire!
AHOO AHOO AHOO
It's ancient Greek for "menial worker of average intelligence".
If you beat the other team off the ball in the trenches consistently you will win a ton of football games. It's super cliche but that's because it's the truth.
MOAR FRANK CLARK!
Random Thoughts on selected tweets:
1. Nice that we're looking better than the other 5, but I'm not sure that's saying too much? Nebraska to me seems like a disorganized organization. I'm not sure why ... maybe it's my impression of Pelini. Also, who knows what to expect from Wisconsin this year given the transition. His other stops were Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois.
2. I agree with the other posters that this tweet should be interpreted: "Tailback play is the key, and Michigan needs to find it". =) We will.
3. This is duh, and not even close.
5. I *really* wonder what this drill is. This has to be one of the things that sets our staff apart.
6. Great to hear about Taco, since we may need him at WDE after the Beyer move. Gerry doesn't meantion Dymonte here, and with Mattison saying that he's been playing corner, that makes me curious. I thought he was a SS all the way? The staff isn't scared about playing Freshmam safeties (Wilson last year), so I'm not sure what to think about him yet.
7. Who are the 'other' 2? LTT is almost certainly one. Probably Bosch since he's an OL. I'd guess Taco and Butt play a fair amount, and Douglas and Thomas are on the 2/3 deep. (Also, Gerry uses '@' in '@ least 4 have chance ...'. That made me laugh)
Does anyone know if there will be a review of spring practice on BTN?
It was intriguing to see him tweet about the GA coaches as well actually, and if I am not mistaken, that would be Ernie Lawson (who played under Hoke at SDSU for a bit, I believe) and Adam Stenavich (Michigan LT from 2001-2005, if memory serves). I think Stevanich spent some time in the NFL as well. What is interesting about it is that it another example of how the resurgence of this feeling of community around the program has brought people back to it (and how people follow Hoke as well). It is great to know that not only do we have an excellent staff, but we have depth there as well, it seems.
I kind of hate DiNardo except in this picture:
Not sure if the 'Michigan' drill is what he is referring too since it doesn't appear to be a pash rush drill, but fun to watch to get a fix in. This has been posted elsewhere but for your enjoyment:
Denard is gone. When you have someone run the ball through the LOS it's a run, not a designed OMGThey'reAllCoveredHe'sTrappedROFLThereHeGoesAgain(insert random shoelace comment here)..
Always good to hear positive news coming out of spring practice. If we can get good production out of Taco and the Green/Smith backfield I think this could turn into a very good year.
Happy that Hoke is bringing in talented freshman and the 6 EE's are already starting to turn some heads. All the spring news has me excited for football. I need the basketball team to keep playing in the tournament, otherwise there will be nothing to look forward to other then football.
I'm really not worried about our defense at all this year. The only potential problem could be the CBs if Countess isn't 100% come Fall. The DL will be the best we've had since 2006 and our LB corps will be fast and physica even without Ryan. We'll have some speed in the back end with Wilson and MRob at FS.
Offensively there won't be a better set of OTs in the B1G or maybe even the country. Whoever ends up at the guard spots next to Miller will be more than adquate. Gallon, Darboh, Chesson, and Dileo will make some people wonder why we were so worried about our WRs this year. I think we'll see Drake Johnson and Derrick Green both play a big role at RB and bring some physicality. Things are looking up for this program.
I don't know if I agree about the defensive line. It has potential, but Mike Martin and Ryan Van Bergen were a pretty damn good combination in 2011, even if the other two guys were just okay. I think we'll have more quality depth this year, but the starters probably aren't as good as 2011's were.
Agree to disagree I guess. We have the most athletes on the DL in a long time and this year we will get a passrush with 4. Mario and Clark will give us that. I see Taco as being too good to keep off the field in certain situations.
This isn't flamebait...
However, i think not having Kovacs to clean-up others' mistakes and a whole new interior line will hurt early in the season.
Keep me posted, Ger!
Overall his comments had me pumped.
unless you can see his hand gestures.
Was "hearing" football.