The first activity of Festivus: The airing of the MGoGrievances
(1) subtle violations of the no politics rule, and the people who upvote same. This includes Brian, despite his protestations to the contrary. It's not clever guys.
(2) SEC dominance, and (3) failure to acknowledge it. Someone has to beat them.
(4) Molk's performance against MSU. Seriously, what the hell?
(5) I believe I was the first person - anywhere - to claim Tressel would be dismissed for his lies, moments after watching that press conference. Documented on this site. Yet no cookie
- NOT ENOUGH WITH THE MATH in the diaries anymore. Remember when there were like 10 ways of calculating predictions every week? Remember MCalibur -- what happened to that guy? And tpilews? matt D? Nonnair? Coach Schiano? Communist Football? quakk? mistersuits? tasnyder01? maizedandconfused? What did you people get jobs or something? Bring back the SABR analysis!
- NOT ENOUGH WITH THE FUNNY anymore. When was the last bronxblue movie poster/Internet meme thing, in March? Wherefore art thou Billy Shears? And White Boy of "My White Boy" I know you are still a reader here and you are FAILING at getting your fiancee (now wife?) to post comics.
- LEAVING THE BOARD BECAUSE YOU GOT BUTTHURT BY SOMETHING ONCE. wth Meeechigan Dan et al? There's several other people who used to comment a bunch and I don't see them anymore.
- STARTING YOUR OWN BLOG INSTEAD OF PUTTING IT HERE. I can't fault all of you for this. Shredder your blog is good. But for every Shredder who creates a blog that's worth visiting on the regular, there's 10 of you who'd be good diarists but I don't get to read your stuff anymore because I can't keep track of its new location.
- PUTTING IT HERE INSTEAD OF STARTING YOUR OWN BLOG. There are two of you and you know exactly who you are because one of you I told to do this after the umpteenth time I had to put out a flame war you started because you are trapped in February 2008 and still think this whole Rodriguez experiment is going to be Peanut Butter Jelly Time; and the other of you I told you to do this 20 times and then I created your blog for you and gave you the password and you still post on here but don't post on your blog.
Wait, Seth is misopogon? I'm so confused.
that contain negative FACTUAL information that results in countless downvotes for the OP. Stop shooting the messenger when you don't like the message. Grow up already, jeez!
I'm so angry when I can't find the droids I am looking for!
or any other OP, stop upvoting your own thread!
is that there are not more women who post on the blog - and I know why.
Too many ugly guys post way too often. It prevents incredibly good looking guys like myself from posting more. Posts from handsome men such as myself will definitely attract female posters and this blog would be a better place.
In summary - good looking posters gets hot chicks
ugly posters get more ugly posters
I'm pretty new here, and the comments on this thread sum it up well. I've been reading the blog for a long time but decided to join mainly because the season we were in the midst of having this year. I think overall this is the best M blog. My only complaint is that some people are a bit too strict on what should and shouldn't be posted. Let people air their opinions out, within reason of course. If you disagree, then explain why. It's as simple as that. Too often someone's valid opinion gets destroyed because of ANYTHING BUT the opinion itself. That's not the way open discussion should work. That is all. Carry on with your MGoBitching.
....WHEN YOUR LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY COLUMBUS.
I'm sick of not having Michignan Football on Saturdays. I'm also sick and fucking tired of LOLCats
We had a festivus party a few years ago. It got ugly during the Airance of Greivances. One thing led to another, and there was almost a full-on brawl between those that were close knit and those that were just at the party as a guest or random. Some chairs were broken, the TV was knocked off the wall, one kid got a broken nose, and ALL the women at the party left.
don't invite any Spartan footballers, just invite the engineering students.
It's people completely not enjoying the good times at Michigan. I can handle the meltdowns when we lose, because, well, we lost. Get it off your chest, even if you make it sound like the asteroid is coming and Bruce Willis is nowhere to be found.
But when we win, sometimes even against rivals in big games, and all we can talk/think about is "how much we sucked doing this or that..."...even hours after the game! Not legit breakdown of film on Wednesday or anything, but first reactions being..."yeah, sure, that was a glorious win against ND that will go down in history...but how can you be happy when our defense sucked, our offense sucked, our special teams sucked...".
Sports will make you all unhappy on your own. Don't take the glorious things and make them no fun too. Because then it's never fun. And it's time to find a new hobby.
Oh, and the shipping prices in the MGoStore. Outrageous.
fucking twitter conclusions of teenagers, really???
I hate posting on this droid app, although it's all I use. I can't post pics, videos or links with it. It is stifling my creativity. At least it's convenient.
Can we all chip in and purchase a two-day spa vacation for David from Wyoming? We won't have to hear from him, and he might come back a little happier and without the shitty attitude and vapid posts.
Enough man. Here's an idea: just post a blank space as your "responses." We can fill in the blanks.
Give David a break. You'd probably have a shitty attitude if you lived in Wyoming too.
it really sucks that you can't appreciate DFW's snark.
I nth the comments about getting marked as "flamebait "for no other reason.
Another grievance is the cats. Dogs are cooler.
- Posbang threads: These are equally gratuitous and impotent. If you like them get a life.
- StephenRKass: your wife's audacity has suggested a defect in your own judgment.
- Magnus: Your welcome wealth of knowledge continues to belie your childishly obstinate argumenting.
- Bouje: You continue to be insufferable and court attention at every turn.
- Jhackney: Have you ever posted a substantive comment? Do you even watch Michigan football? I suspect you don't know who Denard is.
- Users who make erection jokes when something good happens: your jokes aren't funny. Get new material.
I resemble your remark. But given my wife's appearance, and that of our progeny, I can live with my own judgement. C'est la vie.
Pix or it didn't happen.
When I see the word GERG someone interpretate !! And why are we stalking a bunch of 17 year olds on Twitter.
One thing and one thing only. Say Merry Christmas fergodsakes people (im talking eveybody in world), I'm sorry to all other holidays but a large percent of americans are christian and celebrate christmas, I mean its not like were saying your holiday sucks, were just saying ours is more common. that is all.
This sent me on the path to disillusionment with all this blog bullshit, which I initially thought had great potential (anonymity means true freedom). But it's a double edge sword; its upside gets used and abused into a downside. Human all too human. And now, on top of this, working life makes all this shit looks so petty to me.
The obseesion over Rich Rodriguez and the need to complain obsesivly about Al Borges and his play calling.
rather than re-hashing any of the above, it bears stating that my biggest disappointment was Kate Upton not coming home with me after sitting 7.73 excrucatingly distant feet away at the Ohio game.
Is this where we list the MGoPosters that we hope die in a fire before New Years?
Way too much bitching and moaning about posts that appear here. If you don't like it read past it. (I know, I know, bitching about bitching) Also... the grammAR thing really kills me. So we don't always type the king's english all the time. That doesn't mean the person on the other side of the keyboard isn't smarter than you, doesn't make more money than you, and didn't graduate from our fine university with a higher GPA than you. We're all on the same side. Go Blue.